Chapter 7- Locked up

In a zoo, the animals are locked up. In bigger or smaller cages, depending on their sizes. They get their food daily and they are treated nice. But the feeling of being locked up doesnt fade away that easy, even if they get the best food. And clearly we did not.

I still felt like an animal. In a cage. With no hope. I didn't have a shower for 2 days now and I must stink like everybody else here. Sophie also smells. It doesnt feel like her at all. We are just sitting here, in our cell and we stare at each other, and sometimes the big white ceiling. Other girls-more like women- are looking at us. They look bitchy, dirty and used.

-Sophie. When are we leaving?-I asked, whispering.

-I am not calling my mom! There's no way she'd come and get us. And even if she did come-Started Sophie. She wasn't herself at all.-She would kill me right here.

Her face was a little sweaty, her make up already taken off by the little wet tissues she brought with her. She panicked at first but then her anger died out. She fell silent. It felt dangerous. She was just silent.

On the other other hand, I panicked. Panicked and panicked. But at the same time I tried to get a way out. And I felt worried too. When Sophie was silent with no make up on, you just don't feel right. It's either she'll kill you, or her rules were broke. In this case, you can guess which one. Hr rules were broken, into little pieces. 

1. You don't take your make up in front of strangers.

2. Not with baby bum wet wipes.

3. You have shower everyday.

4. A proper shower.

.........

100. You never, NEVER get in jail. 

101. Not for forever, not for years, not for month not for days, and not even days!

All of those rules. We broke all those rules. 

-I could call my mom but we can't pay the amount. It's too much for us, to pay it all just to get us out of here.-I said with a sad face. I teared up a little.Sophie turned to me. The tears in her eyes were lit up by the little lights in the cell.

-I'm so..sorry...-She cried. Sophie was crying. This was bad. very bad.-It's all my fault! I don't even know why we tried that. 

-C'mon! We wanted to see them, and we did!- I said with confidence.I stood in front of her now.-We broke in, and got kisses from them. Not others! But we!

She smiled, but it didn't last long.

-Will we ever meet them again?-She asked. I wasn't sure. I wasn't even sure we'd ever get out of there. We were there for 2 days already.- Will...I ever see Harry? The way I did?

-I..I..I..don't know. I am unsure about everything right now. But what I know, is that we are both here.-I looked in her eyes.- And as long as I am with my 'bestest' friend in the world I don't mind where we are.

She laughed and wiped her face with the sleeve of her jumper. That's when a tall, dirty woman looked up. She was dressed in black. She looked quite scary and her 'mates' did too. They all wore something scary. 

-Oh, look what we've got here!-The ginger said.

-So slimy. Some little girls.-Said the chubby one. She had quite a nice face.

-Eww..-The tall and the dirty woman  exclaimed.

-Sorry....-Why did I even say that?!

-Why are you little girls here?-Asked the chubby one a bit more nicely.

-Well...We kinda..broke into the biggest boyband's dressing room. And wel.. we talked to them and stuff.-I explained, with full confidense.

-Woow. These girls are not bad!- Turned the tall, dirty woman to her little group.Then back to us.- I'm Trisha, and I've been caught stealing. But I'm broke so I can't pay the fee. 

-And I'm Spencer,-Stood up the ginger one.- I simply punched a police officer, so I'll probably go to the court.

We all looked at the chubby one. She sighed.-I am Jessica.-She paused.-Prostitution.

-Oh.- Sophie let it out.

-I know. I'm not very pretty, but I need money. For my kids.-Jessica cried.-They are home, in a dump. Waiting for their mummy to come home.

-It's gonna be okay.-I said. Of course it's not gonna be okay.- I mean, I'm sure you'll get out...sometime...and ya know, pick the right path?

They stared at me, including Sophie, who wasn't crying anymore. I went over to her bag and pulled her little ake up bag out.

-What are you doing?- Asked Sophie with a puzzled face.

-We'll be here for quite a while so why not spend it wise?- I winked at Sophie and looked at the rest of the girls. They looked weird for a moment, then Trisha shook her head, jokingly.

-Did I mention Sophie's very good with make up?- I grinned.-And that she always has a little 'emergency' pack?

Sophie looked a little pissed but then agreed.

-I guess...it's quite an emergency now.- She smiled.