CHAPTER 1 - An Explanation

REESE'S POV:

I woke up in a hospital room. "Wh... What am I doing here?!" I panicked. I saw 5 familiar faces staring back at me, relieved I was alive. My vision was blurry but soon I could see clearly again. "Harry!" I exclaimed to my brother. He grinned and came to me, and gave me a tight hug. "I'm so glad you're okay," he whispered to me. He let go, and I saw a tear drip down his cheek. He wiped it away and stepped back.

"Louis! Niall! Liam! Zayn!" I exclaimed happily to to four boys who were smiling at me. I hugged them all. "What am I doing here though?" I asked again. They all exchanged glances nervously.

"You don't remember?" Harry spoke up. "Not exactly," I said, ashamed. Then the nurse walked in the room. "Ah, Reese! You're awake!" she excitedly said. I smiled at her. "Okay, we need to ask you simple questions to see what you remember, okay?" she asked. "Sure," I shrugged.

She grabbed a chair and put it at the foot of my bed. She took a seat and the boys gathered around. "What day do you think it is today?" she asked. I thought for a second. "April 11th, 2012?" I asked, squirming in my spot. The boys stared at me in confusion. Now I was really nervous.

The nurse scribbled things down on the paper she had attached to her clipboard. "It's actually May 5th, 2012..." Liam said. Harry looked into my eyes. "Next question... what is your full name?" the nurse asked.

Harry snapped out of his trance. "err, Reese Avery Styles?" I questioned. They all smiled at me, and Harry let out a sigh of relief. Louis put a hand on Harry's shoulder to reassure him.

"Age?" she asked. "17!" I said, not hesitating at all. "Okay. What do you remember last before today?" the nurse asked. I thought for a short while. "I remember... him," I said painfully, shutting my eyes tightly. I opened my eyes to see the boys staring at me with sympathy. They knew what I meant. The nurse... didn't.

"Pardon?" she asked. A tear dripped down my cheek. "I don't think she's in the mood to tell you," Zayn explained to her. I nodded, wiping the tears away that had started to flow. Niall, being the sweetie he is, came and stood beside me, and put an arm around my shoulder. "It's okay," Niall said sweetly, giving me a warm smile, which I returned. "Well, I believe I need to know," the nurse said. I inhaled deeply.

"We can explain for her," Louis said. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I love these boys so much. "Uhm, so, basically," Harry started, and I giggled at his usual sentence starter. "Reese was kidnapped," Louis said. I winced at the thought of it. The nurse let out a little gasp. I shrugged like it was no big deal. But it sure was.

"She had been kidnapped for a whole two weeks. He tortured her, and he abused her. He even tried to RAPE her," Zayn said. The nurse looked horrifyed. "That's so terrible! I'm sorry!" the nurse said. "It's okay," I fake-smiled.

"We were searching for her every minute she was gone," Harry said softly. "He kept her in his house which was actually down the street from our friend, Adam's, house," Niall said. All of this was killing me.

"But little Reese was smart enough to find a way to contact us. See, he took away anything she could've used to contact us or the police. Every day she was captured, she planned escape methods in her head," Liam said, proud of my accomplishment. "The sick bastard even left us notes for ransom, knowing she was related to Harry and is our best friend," Louis said.

"We were willing to give in, because we love her that much and we are rich, not to brag," Harry said, sheepishly. "But we decided to look for her more," Zayn continued.

"She's one smart bitch," Louis smirked. I chuckled, remembering what I had done to get him to say that. "See, the bastard had gotten HER to write the note. She played a little trick. When she wrote the note, she made it so the first word of every line gave away his address," Liam said. The note was like this:

Hey, guys! I know I've been gone for long but

It's because I've been kidnapped by some guy! He forced me to write

Down this ransom note. He wants 100 000! Say hi to

Adam's mom for me, okay? She enjoys mowing lawns down her

Street at this time of year. Look in my room, on

The bookshelf, I have an

Address Book. Call the girl named Maria and ask her:

Is your cat okay? It's her

17 cat since grade 5.

Love, Reese.

"We thought the note seemed particularly odd, so we tried a few things. The first word of every line made a sentence! She couldn't just write that because the man watched as she wrote it. It was 'Hey, It's down Adam's Street the Address is 17'! Brilliant, ey?!" Liam exclaimed, nudging me.

"So we came, and he was completely shocked to see us! The psycho bastard tried whacking Harry with a metal pole!" Niall shouted. "So I suckerpunched him!" Harry laughed. "He pulled out a freaking gun!" Zayn exclaimed. "He threatened to kill Reese if we did anything!" Louis added.

The nurse was super shocked from our story. "But Harry, being a protective brother, SACKED the bastard!" Louis said, bursting into hysterics. "But, he didn't find it too funny!" Liam said, inbetween laughs. "He grabbed the pole and whacked REESE!" Harry shouted. "She fell to the hard, wood floor and was knocked unconsious with a concussion," Zayn said.

"They all fought the damn asshole while I, called the police," Niall smiled proudly. "They arrested the punk who probably still has bruises everywhere and a broken penis," Harry muttered angrily. I laughed at my brother's reply. He smiled at me and winked.

"Happy ending!!" Niall cheered. We all raised our eyebrows and stared at the innocent irish boy. "Oh, right..." he said, looking around the hospital room, and at me, lying in the bed. Liam smacked him upside the head. "Oww!" Niall said. "That is awful!" the nurse replied. We all nodded. "Worst part is..." Liam said. We all looked at him.

"The damn bastard escaped," he said.

We all stared in shock at Liam.

***WHAT DO YOU THINK?? DO YOU LIKE MY STORY SO FAR? PLEASE LIKE, RATE, VOTE, COMMENT! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS!***