Chapter 22: Journey Begins

A/N:

Yep........ya'll gon' kill me.
Look guys I am REALLY sorry :(

I know a lot don't want an excuse, but this is an EXPLANATION. I was going to update a lot, but this was my last term of school, and the shortest therefore being the most important and stressful since the teachers are pressuring so a whole lot :( (Good news though, I suddenly became a straight A student for this term, and I got an award ^_^ hehe)

I honestly had like 0% of my time for free time, and I used up that time to talk with my friends and stuff :( I had no homework, honestly, but I had like at LEAST 4 TESTS a day, and projects, and I knew I couldn't find any time to write :( Even on the weekends. I was going to post a chapter on my birthday, but then I wasn't able to complete the chapter.

Also, I am truly disappointed with myself T^T it's just a few days until I reach my 1 year anniversary on Wattpad, and I'm not even close to completing any of my books :(

So.. anyway end of this long and sad note, I'm really, really sorry guys. I still love you, and I hope you don't hate me too much :( I'm on summer break now though xD and I'm in the states now! xD Sooo yeah haha I have more time to write :) I'll work on publishing asap! 

~ Mari <3

*******************************************************

I stayed up for a while thinking about the quest. I tried to feel ready for it… excited even. But I couldn’t. Every time the thought of it runs across my mind I feel completely lost. As if I lost all sense of direction and control. Something was off about this quest and I can’t explain it. 

“All we know is that Leo has to go.” Annabeth said.

I looked at her as she said so and didn’t comment. It was already noon and the whole group had gathered together at the Big House. I looked at Leo and he was looking out the window. I sighed quietly and turned back to the conversation.

“Alright, who else?” Percy asked.

“It’s up to Kristen.” Annabeth said, and they all looked at me.

I blinked and looked at Annabeth straight in the eye.

“Who do you want to come with you Kristen?”

“Are you sure that’s my choice to make? There’s no other part of the prophecy saying who should come with me?” I asked.

Annabeth looked at Percy, who shook his head. "Nope."
I sighed and said firmly, “Alfire.”

Alfire looked at me, and I looked back at him calmly. He gave me his clear, Are you sure look? And I nodded my head in response. He smiled at me and I looked back at Annabeth, who nodded.

“And who’s the other person?”

I frowned. I took a look around the room at the possible group of people I would want to take with me.

Nico. The son of Hades. Intelligent… Mysterious…secretive, and yet I still felt like he was trustworthy. But something about him told me he wasn’t the one for the quest. What it was I don’t know, but I just knew to give up the thought.

Annabeth. Daughter of the Wisdom Goddess. Extremely intelligent, clearly a born leader, cautious. But something told me that I need to keep thinking. I looked at Annabeth and she was having a quiet chat with Percy. Also, she needed a break from everything she had been through, at least from what I have heard. I moved to the person next to her.