Her eyes, they used to shine so bright.

In the quiet of the night, she sits, alone in her room. Alone with just her thoughts - thoughts that are slowly eating away at her conscience. She stares mindlessly at the walls that surround her.

Blank. She just wants her mind to be blank. Numb. She doesn't want to feel anything, anymore.

She blinks rapidly, the tears collecting at the brim of her eyes. Her dull, empty eyes. A soft sob rolls from the back of her throat. She's cracked. As another sob escapes her lips, her trembling hands reach to wipe away the tears that flow freely down her flushed cheeks, and she blinks again. Her bottom lip quivers before she screams out furiously, her voice but a strangled whisper.

The tears are streaming in a steady pace, dripping down the side of her chin, and she rubs a hand across her face, smearing the remains of her stained make-up.

Her jaw clenches, and she holds back her sorrow, hugging her knees and gnawing on her bottom lip.  She wanted things to be different, ached for them to be, but when she blinks again, she is engulfed in a blurry haze of her past.

She's young again, swinging high up into the sky, her hair flowing in the breeze, the wind whipping at her face, she feels ontop of the world, like nothing can break her; but then she blinks again and- flash, she's alone in the room, again.

A/N: Just a one shot, Stay strong, and Keep breathing.