23 / real life

something new. hope you enjoy. :)

-

MARIELLA

It was midnight when I got the call.

The call that would ruin me, the call that led to many events after it was made, the call that made me want to take my things and move to Europe.

My dad and I never had a good, solid relationship, truthfully. I was just closer to my mom, and that's how it has always been. Sure in the beginning we had the typical daddy daughter relationship, I saw him as my hero, and he saw me as his princess. But the older I got, and the life in my grandmothers eyes faded, our relationship dulled out. I turned to my mother for attention, and she delivered.

After my grandmother finally left the earth, and my grieving had been nearly over, my father's life spiraled downward. The process was a cycle, ever since he ruined his life, he'd realize it, try to do better, just to render it useless and relapse. It was never ending, and it was tiring.

The one thing my father did do, was get another job. It was great for all of us, I got several hours of the day away from him, and my mom was happier. He was getting income, none that my mother and I inherited of course, but he was money happy, and that made him distracted. It was a good couple of months.

Until I was woken in the middle of the night, my phone blowing up. 32 missed calls, 15 texts and 30 voicemails, all from my father, give it take the few messages from Jughead. I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion, not having a clue as to why my father was calling me, until my phone buzzed again. It was my mom this time, and I didn't hesitate in answering.

"Hello?"

"Mariella, baby, listen to me," my mom rushed out, a few sniffles following her urgent voice. I sat up in my bed, unintentionally waking Allie from her sleep.

"Your father, he lost his job, once again. He's angry, and he's drunk, and he kicked us out. He doesn't want us to be apart of his life anymore," my mom sniffles, a sense of relief sounding from her lips. I sigh.

"What are we gonna do mom?" I mumble, looking over at Allie's confused look.

"You aren't gonna do anything. You have fun on your trip, and when you get back I'll pick you up. I already talked to your grandmother, we're gonna stay with her for a while. I'll get everything that belongs from you dear, I just didn't want you answering his calls and having his anger released onto you." My mom explains.

"Okay mom." I say silently, biting my lip as the stress overcame me. My eyes tear up slightly, the thoughts of how fucked my life is catching up to me, and Allie rubs my back as she types on her phone with one hand.

"Go back to sleep dear. I love you." My mom says.

"Love you too mom, night." I say, hanging up the phone. I let out a shaky breathe, standing up and walking out the door into the chilly Missouri air. I slide down the wall, sitting by the door. A couple of tears fall, my breathe coming out in short pants.

My life was so fucked.

A dad who hated us enough to kick us out, my mom who seems okay with it, and us having to move in with a grandmother I've never met. Having to leave Allie.