Chapter 5 - Half The Truth

Kara’s P.O.V

            I couldn’t help the tears that were streaming down my face. People usually associated tears with being weak but I definitely wasn’t but I was a crier. I was the kind of girl that would never even cry over a broken arm I was one that cried over a broken heart.

            But I couldn’t help it, good health was a gift and it wasn’t given to everyone. It had been at least a month since the pain had resided but now I couldnt even get out of bed. My back was killing me ever since the accident I had to be so careful but it was days like this that I felt I could take it all back, it felt impossible to accept my fate.

            I heard foot steps and my sister walked into my room, she looked at me disgustingly “oh god, your crying” she said horrified, I stiffened and waited until she did what she needed.

My heart beat quickened as she called for my father, he walked into the room avoiding eyes contact but I looked right at him I had nothing to hide. “Well tell her” she encouraged, he looked older the wrinkles on his face had deepened and the light in his eyes had dulled. Alana rolled her eyes walking towards me “well dad’s fiancé is moving in and you either leave or start acting like you actually live here”.

My face flushed and I supported my self up in a sitting position, “actually Alana” I said venom dripping of my every word “I live here and I pay half of the bills, unlike you who shows up once in a while to get laid and use the necessities which you don’t have money to pay for” I replied. Alana moved forward but my father gripped her hand, he finally looked at me and I saw the emotion in his eyes but he had had more than 3 years to make up with me, to let me call him daddy again but it had never happened.

“Your 21 Alana, don’t you think you should be getting on with your life” he said, I snarled “getting on with my life” I yelled, “im the only one getting on with my life, im the only one that followed moms words, im the only one that moved on. You’re marrying as an excuse to move own whether you care about Jen or not you don’t love her. I am the only one that kept her believes and follow her dreams, when was the last time you visited her god damn grave” I yelled.

My father stood frozen in his place as his hands trembled, Alana walked towards me but I grabbed her before her hand could reach me. “Keep your hand off of me Alana, you lost that right a long time ago” I announced, and she moved back shocked.

“Don’t worry guys, ill be gone before you know it” I said forcing a smile at that Alana walked out, but my father stood he looked up at me. “Your right you are the only one that has moved on” at that he walked out.

I burst into tears as I blindly dialed Jermaine’s phone, I held back a sob “Jermaine please come and get me” I said, but no one replied “Jermaine, please just come, come fast” I said shutting the phone. I buried my face into the pillow.

I looked up at my phone it had been twenty minutes. My heart fell maybe he wasn’t going to come just then I heard my bedroom door open and I wiped my tears.

My heart stopped as Josh walked in, he walked towards me towering over the bed. I wiped my tears and looked up at him “you picked up the phone” I croaked he nodded kneeling down beside me. “What’s wrong Kara” he said ignoring how hideous I looked. I looked away “Just please get me out of here” I begged, he stiffened.