Chapter 1

Hi!! I wrote this story before.. I gave up, and deleted it.  Hehe... But my cousin encourage me to start again!  So hopefully I would be able to finish it this time.  I am really determined to!! (>_<)  Please enjoy!! 

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

“I'm home!” The voice called out to his family, as he slipped his black leather shoes off. Three small children rushed straight into the doorway. They jumped and dragged excitedly the sleeves of the nicely ironed suit of the man that just arrived home. The man chuckled at their energetic state, “Why so hyper?”

“Mum says she made cake!” shouted the eldest of the three. He took after his dad, with the hazel strands of hair falling perfectly just past sky blue eyes. He was tall for his age, with half of his school's girls crushing on him. His mum called him a little heartbreaker, but he insisted that was just innocent little Jude. Innocent and protective of two little sisters: Gabrielle and Angelina.

Gabrielle and Angelina were twins, Gabrielle being the elder one by five minutes. Nobody would of guessed them being twins, they were total opposites. Little Gabrielle had fiery brown hair with hazel eyes. Her hair reflected her personality: strong-willed and mischievous like her brother. While her sister, Angelina, had a milder personality: quiet and obedient. She was an younger image of her mum, with her platinum blonde hair and sky blue eyes. She looks more doll-like and delicate then her twin, Gabrielle. While Gabrielle looked like what people will call Miss independent with a strong personality.

Mr Smith, the father of the three children, hugged each of them tightly before heading into the kitchen. “Hey, sweetheart,” he placed a peck onto his love of his life's lips, which brought a small giggle from mother of the house. The children pulled disgusted faces in the background uttering sounds and words like, “cooties” or “ewwww”. The couple glanced at their children and laughed.

“Dinner's ready! Quick, quick! Go and wash your hands,” ordered Mrs Smith, as she started to set the dinner table. The children followed her order without hesitation and ran straight into their seats around the table. Soon the table was filled of food, and everyone was digging into the lovely food that was made.

It was a perfect family, filled of love and happiness.

However, good things always come to an end.

Two years later. Jude – 15 years old, Gabrielle and Angelina – 13 years old.

It was raining. The grey clouds stubbornly stayed in the sky, while the Smiths gathered around the bed. It was a plain room. The walls was white, the bed was white, the cupboards was white. The room didn't give any friendly aura to it's visitors. In fact, it hated visitors. Each visitor it has, all of them end up coming out of the room devastated and broken.

Mrs Smith was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She laid weakly on the white bed, with her family surrounding her. Tears streaming down on each and every one of their cheeks. The twins wailed loudly as their brother hugged them tightly, trying to complete the job as a comforting brother. Even though he's trying to be strong in front of his sisters, his tears dropped down his cheeks every now and then. They were unstoppable.

Mr Smith was unstable with his emotions, his heart was breaking beyond to what was fixable. He was deeply in love, and she was going to be taken away from him. He stood by the bed, frozen with disbelief to what the doctor told him. “I'm sorry Mr Smith, she probably won't survive tonight. Please be ready.” The sentences echoed in his head, repetitively. They haunted his mind, making think of the dark future without his love. Tears fell viscously down his face.

“David,” the musical voice of his love filled Mr Smith's ears, “David.”

“Yes, sweetheart?” He replied immediately after he heard her weak, musical voice. He pulled her hand into his and gave it a tight squeeze, urging her to say what she wanted to say.

“David, you got to stay strong. For me, for our children. They need you,” her voice was weak and breathless, it sounded like the clock counting down to the time of her death, “I love you, David.”

“I love you too,” David choked on his words, as he kissed his wife's hand repetitively. He held onto her hand tightly, never wanting to let go.

Mrs Smith turned her head to her children, “Jude?” Jude looked up and into his mum's blue eyes, giving a small nod to show he is listening, “Grow up to be strong Jude, I know you will become a little heartbreaker when you're older. Look after your sisters for me. Be a good boy, don't break too many hearts.” A small smile broken onto Mrs Smith's face as she thought of her little boy growing up to be the little heartbreaker, that she always imagine him to be. She looked at her twins who were huddled again their brother, “My girls!”

“Yes, mummy?” sobbed Gabrielle, answering for her twin as well. As Angelina could not bring herself to say a single word without breaking out into wails of sadness.

Mrs Smith smiled at the pair, “Gabs, you were always the stronger one. Stay that way, be the carefree little girl I know. Break those boy's hearts, show them that you are Miss Independent! Be the strong girl you are! Angel, you were always mild little child. Sweet and mild-tempered. Promise me to take care of everyone in the family for me. Look after them, care for them, like the caring little child you are.” Mrs Smith's eyes started to become heavy, while she heard Angelina promising her that she will look after everyone for her. A huge smile stretched across her face as her eyes closed. “I love you all,” she whispered before the heart monitor gave the last beep. The room became silent, only the eerie long beep sound was heard in the background.

Five minute of shock passed. The fact of their mother, his wife has passed away settled into their mind. A sudden break out of tears, wails, grief and pleads for mum to come back erupted in the room.  The twins pulled their mother's white hospital clothes, trying to wake her up.  Jude froze on the spot, muttering himself that it was all a dream.  In the end, the three of them huddled together tightly, afraid that they will lose eachother.  The heartbreaking noise continued for hours, until they ran out of tears and energy. Nurses came into the room to check on them every half an hour, and even tried encouraging the children to eat. Jude politely refused, Gabrielle simply ignored her and Angelina just shook her head. Mr Smith sat next to the bed, still holding tightly to his love's hand.

It was only 2 years ago, when this family was perfect. But, as I said, all good things come to an end.