Chapter 38: The Plan

Thank you everyone for 21k+ reads! I couldn't have made it this far without all of you! I give you all much love! ❤

And sorry for the long wait...band camp started and I was so busy with that that I didn't have any time to write up a new chapter. And due to this starting, my writing will be delayed quite a bit, so I'm so very sorry! I hope you all can understand that!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Chapter 38~~
"Score! We found the back door!" Kukai cheered as he made a 'yes!' gesture.

Amu stared at the once seemingly metal grey door with its paint peeling and rust forming. With trash still everywhere on the ground, she could only wonder how messy it was inside the building.

She watched as Nagi - being the brave person he was - walked up to door and attempted to turn the doorknob. They were all not surprised to see it open. But the loud squeak that followed it made them all freeze. Their eyes were wide as they prayed that whoever was inside this building (other than Tadase and the others) didn't hear it.

Slowly, Nagi continued to open the door, making sure to go as slow as possible so that no creaks would be heard. Once the door was finally all the way open, they all let out a sigh of relief.

"That was really close!" Yaya wiped the nervous sweat off her forehead.

"Shh! Yaya!" Amu and the guardian characters hushed her in desperation.

Stepping through the door, Amu saw that they were now in a dark hallway. There were no lights available, so they all just had to navigate themselves with the sunlight that came from the open door behind them.

"Which door are we supposed to go through?" Kukai whispered.

They all looked around, seeing multiple doors through the corridors of the hallway. "I guess we split up?" Miki suggested.

Everyone nodded. "Okay, call us when you find the door out of this place." Nagi answered.

Amu responded by opening a random nearby door. She peered in and saw a quite large room with an old kitchen in the corner and multiple chairs scattered about the room. "I'm guessing this was a break room for the workers here?" She lightly mumbled to herself as she shut it closed.

Well that wasn't the door out of here. That's for sure.

"Everyone! Yaya found it!" The pinkette turned as Yaya's voice echoed through the corridor. She saw the younger girl pointing towards the opened door in front of her. Sunlight peeked through as the front doors of the old apartment complex shined in.

"Great, Yaya! But don't yell so loudly!" Kukai angrily whispered as they all started heading towards her way.

Once they were in the front lobby, they all looked around, wondering where the others had gone. "I can sense them upstairs." Ran spoke up as Miki, Dia, and Temari all nodded.