A Promise To Keep [Ichigo Kurosaki] o20

I have a few announcements to make! First, there is some cussing in this chapter but I only used the word twice and it will most likly be the last time I use it. Lastly, well, lets just say romance has finally entered the picture C: ENJOY <3

XXX

~

"Finally!" Tessai announced, glasses cracked, as he climbed out of the hole.

"There you are, Mister Tessai! Are you alright?!" Jinta frantically asked.

"No, I'm not alright. My glasses nearly fell apart!" 

Jinta sweat dropped at his concern. "As long as you're still breathing you're alright. And even if your glasses are cracked you may wanna keep them on to see what happens next. Just a minute ago Mister Kisuke got out his sword! So this should really be good."

"Hey, not bad since your using a little kiddy sword!" Ichigo taunted Urahara. 

"OH! What a compliment student! Don’t expect me to go easy on you!" Kisuke grinned.

"Ichigo, you idiot! Don’t insult his sword! You don’t know what it can do." I scolded and muttered the last part. 

"Wait you know what that small thing can do?" he asked as we ran side by side. 

I nodded then turned to him. "Why are we running away, Ichigo?!"

"How should I know?!" he shouted. 

"I thought only a Zanpakuto can kill Soul Reapers and hollows. But Hat N' Clogs pulled that sword out of his cane. So it cant possibly be a Zanpakuto! So even if he hit us with it, it cant cut us!" Ichigo thought out loud.

At the same time, Ichigo and I turned around to face Urahara. Urahara then slashed up with his sword, knocking both our masks off that were on the side of our heads. 

"You let your guard down! You thought because I'm not Soul Reaper I cant have a Zanpakuto. And you're thinking there's no way I can hurt you." He smirked at our confused faces. "You are so naïve. Awaken now, Benihime." 

Ichigo and I stared with wide eyes. "I assure you this is a real zanpakuto. Very real." 

"A name for your Zanpakuto?" Ichigo dumbfounded. 

"Yes, each Zanpakuto carries its own unique name. And this one is Benihime, the Red Princess. Let us show you." 

It was quiet until he swung his sword at a boulder, cutting it completely in half. Shards of broken rock and dust flew into the air.

He came at Ichigo and he held up his stump of a blade to block the oncoming Zanpakuto. "I'll give you credit for not running away at least, and for carrying that broken stump. You're not short on nerve, just the same, Benihime is much too fierce to let a blade like that stop her." 

Kisuke then easily cut through Ichigo's blade and I watched with a shocked expression as I watched half of the blade fall to the ground. "He cut through his Zanpakuto like it was butter!" 

Ichigo and I took off running again. "Don’t you get it Ichigo, Hana? Your swords have no concentration of spirit energy in it." 

We both turned and swiped up at his hat but Kisuke easily dodged our attempts by moving his head back. "It has size but that's all it has. It carries the Zanpakuto's shape but has none of the necessary internal strength." 

He swung his blade, managing to cut off the guards of our swords and all we had left was the hilt itself. "Now you both have no sword at all. Do you still want to continue attacking me? With nothing but the hilt? I suppose you can still manage to knock my hat off with it. But this time Ichigo, Hana, you're gonna need more then just blind luck or courage. I think its only fair to warn you, if you try to go against me with that inferior weapon, I will kill you."