I want you to want me

She was standing in the train compartiment with her best friend. Their flight landed in Paris because there were some technological problems and their next flight to London would be only the next day so they decided to take the 8 p.m. train. It was only 5 p.m. so they thought a “quick run” through Paris should be fun.  They visited the Notre Dame Cathedral and after that they just sat near the Eiffel Tower admiaring its beauty.

                “Emma?” a man asked.

                “Yes” she replied “Mike?!” and then she got up and gave him a hug while Sarah rolled her eyes. She was definitely not happy to see him.

                Sarah and Emma were best friends since highschool. Everybody said that they had that twin conection, like they could feel what the other’s feeling and read each others minds. Actually, they were just the best best friends ever!  The story about Mike and Emma it’s the simple, tipical one. They met in a camp where he flirted with her and then she fell really hard for him. He was just a player! Sarah hated him for playing with Emma’s feelings. She always said that Mike isn’t hot at all so why on earth would Emma like him?

                “Hi! What are you doing here?” he asked smiling.

                “Don’t worry, she’s not here to see you!” said Sarah ironicly.

                “We’re just passing through.” replied Emma, ignoring Sarah. “What are you doing here?”

                “Well, I’m here at collage, remember?”

                “Oh” Yes, I think I do. What year have you finished, again?” she asked pretending not to know, but she obviously knew.

                “Just finished the 2nd.”

                “Nice.”

                “We have to go!” said Sarah suddenly.

                “Why so fast? I was thinking we could go for a cup of coffee.”

                “No, Mike! Thank you!” said Sarah. “I’m sure Emma would love to, but I don’t and we have a train to catch.”

                “Sarah, Sarah, honest like always.”

                “Yep.”

                “We have to go…” started Emma “ It was nice to see you!” Then she kissed him on one of his cheeks and hugged him.

                “You, too! Sarah I wish I could say the same about you, but…”

                “But you can’t! And I can’t either so I guess we’re even.”

                The girls took a cab and then went straight to the train station. So that’s how they ended here. The silence was floating in the air because they haven’t spoke since they met Mike.

                “Why are you so grumpy?” Emma asked.

                “You know I can’t stand that clown!” she said looking out of the window.

                “Yeah, but…”

                “But nothing! He’s just a player, that’s why he’s not good for you! You deserve better!”