CHAPTER 6 Pt1

*FYI: this chapter is going to be uploaded in two parts. I will upload the other part tomorrow. It's only because I feel the need to continue tweaking the rest, and I figured that you guys have waited long enough. I apologize for that and I really appreciate the fact that nobody has given me too much grief about it. Thank you.

Ch.6 

Karen 

When I arrived at the house I took note that Paul's car wasn't in the driveway. Either she was alone or hadn't returned home yet. I waited a few minutes before I made my move. I walked briskly over to the front door and reached under the matt to search for the spare key. She was so predictable, I thought, shaking my head.  

I cautiously entered the house, careful not to make a sound just in case she was home. I needed to maintain the element of surprise. About an hour later I heard the car pull up. The kitchen pantry would provide the perfect hiding place. I'd be able to wait there until I was ready to make my next move. 

"Are you sure you don't want me stay here tonight CW?" he asked. "I could sleep right here on the couch." He offered. 

No! I thought. He's going to ruin everything! Why couldn't he just go away? This could not be happening. 

"Paul, that's really not necessary. I'm perfectly fine, and I have no need for a baby sitter." 

"Well I'm not leaving before I beat you in a couple hands of spades." 

"Oh you are so on Mr.! Just do me a favor, and try not to cry when I give you a spanking like you did the last time." She said doubling over in laughter. 

"That was a long time ago, and besides I was not crying. I just had something in my eye." He replied whilst making a sad attempt to sound wounded.  

"Right, I believe you. You can set up while I go and take a shower." She told him before leaving the room. 

Ok, this was going to be a little tricky, but I could still pull this off. All I have to do is be patient. The perfect opportunity would present itself. It always did. I watched as that first class loser prepared the card table and put on some music. Seriously, what was this, a date or something? Just leave already you freaking idiot! 

After what seemed like forever Claire finally decided to show herself. I was disgusted as I stood there and watched the two of them. What in the world did they see in her? I could never figure it out. She had the ability to charm everyone she came across.  

She almost had me too, but I knew better. I knew the real her, and everything that she was capable of. All of the fake smiles, I knew that it was just a cover. Deep down, she was spiteful and full of deceit, just like her mother. At that very moment Paul's phone began to ring. 

"Damn, I almost forgot!" he swore as he stared at his phone. 

"What's wrong?" Claire asked in a worried tone. 

"Nothing I just forgot that I was supposed to fill in for Carl tonight." He said shaking his head. "I'll just tell them that something came up, they'll be able to get someone else. 

"Don't be stupid Paul. Go to work, I'll be fine." She told him.  

"Are you sure; because I can just tell them that something came up?" he said 

"You can always bug me tomorrow." She said as she rose to her feet and began to usher him to the door. 

"Alright, I'll check up on you later if you're still awake." he replied and kissed her on the cheek before he left. 

I watched as she walked over to the sink to get a drink of water. I slowly eased out of my hiding place and began to quietly walk over to where she stood. Finally, I had her all to myself. 

"Hello Claire." I said 

She spun around in shock, as the glass that she was holding fell to the floor; shattering into a thousand pieces. The look on her face was priceless. 

Claire 

"God Karen, you almost gave me a heart attack!" I said, holding my hand over my heart. "What are you even doing here anyway? How did you get into my house?" I asked her. 

"The better question is why I'm in your house." She replied with a sly smile on her face; that was starting to give me the creeps. 

"You know what Karen; it doesn't even matter why you're here. Just get the hell out of my house so that I can get some rest." I told to her as I headed for the door. 

"I came here for a reason, and I'm not going anywhere until I'm done." She yelled. 

See this is exactly what I was trying to avoid, a confrontation. Nothing good was going to come from her being here. After everything that had happened there was really nothing left to say. I didn't want to cause any undue stress on my baby, on both of our babies. It just wasn't worth it.

"Right, you can keep right on talking as you're walking out the door." I told her just as I reached it. I guess that she had something else in mind. 

I immediately froze as a bullet whizzed past my head, and embedded itself in the door in front of me. 

"Don't you dare turn your back on me when I'm talking to you!" she yelled. 

I slowly turned around with my hands slightly raised so that she could see that I wasn't a threat. 

"Karen...you don't have to do this. Just put down the gun, and then we can talk." I told her. 

"I bet that got your attention; didn't it you little whore?" she laughed as she motioned for me to sit. 

I wasn't sure if that was such a good idea, so I hesitated briefly. This of course only further pissed her off. 

"Sit down now!" she yelled, raising the gun as a warning. I obeyed because she looked unstable and was behaving too erratically. "You just have to go and ruin everything don't you?" she asked as she began to pace back and forth. "All you had to do was just die", she spat "but noooo, you couldn't even do that could you?" 

I just sat there stiffly, afraid that even the slightest movement would cause her to become trigger happy. 

"You weren't supposed to survive that crash Claire. The twins were supposed to be with their father. They shouldn't have even been there." She went on ranting, more to herself than to me. "I was supposed to raise them as my own and marry Vaughn and live happily ever after." She complained. 

What in the world was she talking about? What did any of this have to do with my babies; I wondered cocking my head to the side. 

"You really are stupid aren't you? That "accident" wasn't an accident at all. It was all me." She boasted with a smile.....

================================================================ 

*Vote  

*Fan 

*Comment