Clash of the 5th Dimension

The sun rose over the horizon, the rays streaming through the gleaming windows; lights turning on, the sounds of engines and whistling of kettles. It seemed just like a normal day in 2012, but in 5th dimension, the sounds of engines starting were actually the  start of mini jet planes which was the latest thing,(just like the iphone 4s, which was what EVERYONE HAD to have) and the whistling of the kettles were being put on by animals alike.

Meanwhile across the city, in a large expensive house, “I really need to work on my reflexes” thought Firebolt. He was throwing kitchen knives which were as sharp as an electric shock. 

Firebolt was one of the last of the rarest birds, a Phoenix. Firebolt had golden, delicate feathers which were as soft as a pillow and two glistening brown eyes which were like melted chocolate, a beak that looked effortlessly shiny as a trophy polished with wax. He had spent nearly all his earnings on his house, he had 4 master bedrooms, a lounge and a kitchen the size of two football pitches . Suddenly one switched itself on and displayed the latest and 5 bathrooms with an en-suite in his own room. His house used to be a B&B until Firebolt had become interested it.

He bought 3 plasma televisions and each had a  mind and engine of it’s own, they really did, and Firebolt turned to face the television and plopped down on the crimson sofa, with the sound of rustling feathers.

“The latest headline, first up the engine to the portal which separates planet Earth to 5th Dimension has been stolen. Scientists have now declared that the portal will explode in a maximum of two weeks as it has been set on a timed default.”

Firebolt‘s  eyes widened at the thought of the portal exploding and terror began to fill his mind, he began worrying about Jason and Percy, his two apprentices and whom were each one of the last phoenixes.

The newsreader continued: “Scientists have now asked the police to check everyone’s homes and offices in case the engine is there. Anyone found in the possession of the engine will be fined and jailed for eternity, if you know someone who knows the whereabouts of the engine, or know anyone who has it, please let us know or you can contact the police on 101”

“Ha! That will be difficult I am the police! Mmm, maybe Feather Hooves may have taken it; he probably wanted to sell it “Thought Firebolt. He glanced at the clock and jumped out of his seat as he was late for work. He ran out of the house and jumped in his jet –plane and sped to work. Firebolt swerved and narrowly missed bumping in to tons of jet-planes. The wind rustling his feathers, he breathed in the delightful fresh air, and sped towards the police station. Firebolt was Head of the police force in 5th Dimension and had been teaching Jason and Percy the Laws as they were to follow in his footsteps after all, he was a well respected police chief.

Over on the other side of 5th Dimension, Feather Hooves was cooking up a master plan which involved using the engine from the portal. Feather Hooves was one of last ever Hippogriffs in the world. He is faster than the speed of light, so fast that if you blink he’s gone. He lives above a Fish and Chip shop as the smell intrigues him. He has glistening scarlet red eyes as dark as crimson freshly drawn blood; he has a shiny blonde coloured beak. He has a pale white complexion that rebels against his eyes: his crazy wild mattered hair is as long as an average ladder and as tangled as a ball of string. He wears a dark hooded coat which is as dark as night itself.

He lives in a grotty, mouldy old flat with a sofa that is nibbled and munched to bits by rats. This is no food as the fridge is totally empty that is as green as grass covered in dew. The electricity cables are nibbled to the bare wire; because of this the light crackles and flickers like an old fire dying out.