Chapter 3

I do not in anyway, own Naruto, its world, characters and all that other stuff! It all belongs to the awesome creator; Kishimoto! I only claim credit for my OCs and their plot!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you gone crazy?! We can't sneak into the chuunin exams! If we get found out we could be put in jail, you idiot!"

"We got legit shinobi headbands, you can just fake the passes, and we've got enough skill to survive it, so I don't see what your problem with it is!"

The debate between Kimiko and Naoki, concerning his sudden idea, had been going on for nearly an hour now, and it was well past the normal time that they all went to sleep.

Raiden and Aimi sat nearby the arguing duo, watching groggily from their raggedy bed-mats. They both were barely paying attention, so when objects started flying towards them, their eyes widened as they ducked for cover, although it helped little.

The two slowly peeked from their new found protective barriers, both having similar thoughts as they saw that the other two's argument had now escalated to trying to hit each other with whatever they could grab. They glanced over to each other, a silent agreement passing between them.

Slowly standing up, they slowly started creeping over towards the arguing duo, their heads continuously bobbing up and down in an attempt to avoid the flying objects.

The two then leaped on to either of the arguing duo, Aimi going for Naoki and Raiden for Kimiko. This resulted in Naoki and Kimiko pinning the other two down, their survival instinct immediately kicking in.

"What the heck are you guys doing?" Kimiko hissed, her anger and annoyance now sky rocketing. "I almost stabbed you, idiot Raiden." She mutter, glancing down at the kunai she had against Raiden's throat.

"Yeah same here." Naoki said in annoyance as he got up, bending down slightly to give Aimi a hand up.

"Well, since we stopped you two from destroying our only shelter, I believe it was worth the risk." Raiden replied, Aimi nodding in agreement. "Yeah, you kept throwing things.." She said softly.

Naoki and Kimiko glanced each other, both only realizing now how far their argument had escalated. Looking around the place, it was obvious some kind of mayhem had occurred. Old food canisters were all over the place, the blankets were tangled up everywhere and many other nick knacks were tossed around.

Kimiko sighed, rubbing her forehead in the process. "Sorry, I guess I got too mad." She apologized rather quietly. "But your plan really is too bizarre this time, Naoki." She said, bending down to start tidying up, her narrowed eyes still glancing at Naoki.

"So? If we get found out we could just escape, we've done it several times before! Sensei even said we were chuunin level before he left!" Naoki challenged, he too starting to clean the mess they had made.

Kimiko visibly tensed at the mention of their old sensei, her hands stopping what they were doing. "Well sensei said she hadn't even been to a chuunin exam for years, so the competition has probably gotten stronger." She replied icily.

Naoki huffed in annoyance, standing upright and crossing his arms. "Well, since you refuse to be swayed, how about we take it to a vote? I vote yes, Kimiko clearly votes no, what about you two?" He glanced over to Raiden and Aimi, who had been standing there unsure of what to do.

After several moments of silence, Raiden answered, "I vote yes. I have faith in our abilities as a team."

 "Since when are you up to fighting? You usually try to get out of everything that could get you hurt." She said, glaring at him now. Raiden only shrugged in response.

At this Naoki grinned in triumph. "Two to one. What about you, Ai-chan?" Naoki asked, using his nickname for her as turned towards her.

She blinked, resurfacing from her daze of thinking. She glanced at the three others, noting all the different emotions they seemed to show.

Finally, she voiced her soft reply. "I...think we can do it..." She stared at the ground as she said this, not wanting to see Kimiko's reaction.

Her reaction, however, was blank. She just stared at Aimi, saying nothing.

"Majority rules!" Naoki shouted in absolute triumph. "Don't be so down about it, Kimiko! You should have more faith in our abilities!"

Kimiko stared at him for a moment, before sighing in defeat. "Fine, whatever. If that's what you guys really want then so be it. But you're missing something, we have four people. The max you can have is three." She explained to him, hoping this would stop the mayhem she believed was starting.

Naoki just chuckled lightly. "I already got that all sorted. Raiden, Aimi and I will be the genin team, and you'll be our sensei, since you don't wanna compete anyways."

Kimiko looked at him in disbelief, he had obviously had this idea in the working before they had even found the forehead protectors. "You know what? Fine. I give up. When is the idiotic thing?" She muttered with exasperation.

"I heard from some travelers yesterday that the chuunin exams start in little over a week, and Konohagakure would be a day or two travelling time for us, if we take breaks." Raiden piped in, he and Aimi now sitting on their mats once again.

"Fine, then I guess we train tomorrow morning and leave in the afternoon." Kimiko said, causing subtle feelings of excitement to bubble in the other three. "But, at the first sign that we could be in big danger, we will leave. Even if I have to drag you guys out myself." She said, authority lacing her tone as looked at each of the three pointedly.

"Yes Kimiko-sensei!" Naoki drawled, jumping back onto his own mat with a cheeky grin. "This is gonna be epic." He said, glancing at Aimi and Raiden as they nodded in agreement.

This caused him to be hit in the face by a flying book.

"As your sensei, I'm going to get to discipline you, don't forget that!" Kimiko said, her eyes once again filled with annoyance.

Aimi and Raiden smiled in amusement as the two set off again, both glad that their, seemingly boring life, was taking a turn down a different path.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------