6X

6X

“I don’t know what to do Mama Kel” I cried on her chest as she rubbed my back. I looked down at Alexia sleeping in her basinet. She looked so peaceful. “Look at the beautiful babygirl, she’s here and she loves you.” She told me sweetly. Her words were true—all the other things going on in my life meant nothing because I had bigger things to worry about.

I had a beautiful little girl to take care. “You’re right Mama but how am I going to do this alone?” I asked looking up at her. She smiled brightly and kissed my forehead.

“As long as you got God on your side baby, you’re never alone.” She told me.

“Goodmorning.” I spoke sluggishly to everyone that greeted me in the office. I was feeling a bit under the weather today and against Deek’s whishes I still went to work. I was still bummed about our night being ruined and I was feeling sexaully frustrated.  I couldn’t sit at home alone all day while he and Lex were off at school and work. I needed to be doing something to keep my mind off my dying thrist for Deek and even if that meant dealing with Tyrese’s bullshit I was willing.

“Alana I need you in my office now.” Raymond called right before I stepped foot into my own office. I groaned slightly but walked down to where he was standing. “What is it?” I asked getting straight to the point. He motioned for me to go in and sit then left.

I sat there thinking about what was going to happen next. I hadn’t really talked to Ray unless it was about business or Alexia so I was completely unarmed to whatever was about to come my way.  “What is she doing in here?” A voice sneered.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I was not dealing with his shit today. “Raymond please don’t do this right now. I don’t feel good and I just want to go home.” I whined looking up at him.

Tyrese sucked his teeth and mumbled something incoherent. I pushed passed him and Raymond heading for the door. “Wait Alana there is something that needs to be said.” Ray called after me.

I stopped and turned to only face him. “I don’t know whats been going on in my son’s head but I want to apologize on his behalf. I did not raise him to behave like this.” He scolded glaring at Ty. I shook my head laughing bitterly. “Coming from you, that apology doesn’t mean anything. If Tyrese wants to make amends and rebuild his relationship with Alexia, then he will do so—on his own.” I snapped at them both.

Raymond looked a little saddened by the fact I wasn’t letting this go, but he had to understand where I was coming from. Tyrese had turned into a monster and I was done putting up with his shitty attitude. I had enough problems of my own and I definitely didn’t need any more.

“You just gone let you that girl walk out of your life again?” I heard Ray yell at Tyrese from the other side of the door. A part of me that wanted to stay and listen to his response, but I pushed myself forward remembering that he was the past.

Most of that day was a drag. I was swamped with paperwork because a certain asshole felt like being a lazy prick. I was seething with rage just thinking about all the damn papers I had to read and sign. It was completely fucking ridiculous. I thought about going to Ray about this but I refused to give Ty the satisfaction of seeing me defeated. If he was going to play these type of games I was going to play them much better.  Tyrese was weak and childish, while I—was mature and strategic. Sure, I had a soft spot for him but as days passed he was hardening that spot all on his own.

“Surprise!”

My eyed darted up from the meaningless words on the papers to see Deek and Alexia with wide smiles and food.  I grinned feeling happy that they came to visit me in Hell. I greeted my man with a juicy kiss and Lex ran off to color in her usual chill spot.

“I missed you.” I whispered in his ear. He leaned in and kissed my lips softly mocking my silly grin. This man had me so sprung.

“What made you visit today Mr. CEO?” I asked eating some of my salad. “Well, I wanted to spend time with my two favorite ladies.” He replied kissing Alexia’s forehead. She giggled and kissed his cheek making him smile.

I knew that he’d be a great father one day—and if I was lucky I’d be the first to give him that. Deek was the definition of perfection. Sure, he had faults; like any other man, but this man was heaven sent. God had made his kind special for women like me. He was everything I’ve ever wanted and more. He made me feel high, like I was dreaming.

I must admit despite all his undeniable perfection I was a little worried that he’d turn out to be a monster, like the rest. I was always cautious in fear that he’d tear me down, just like the rest.  “Mommy can we get ice cweam for dinner?” Lex asked me while looking at Deek. This was one of her little tricks. She’d ask me the question but give him the pouty face knowing he’d fall for it and convince  me to say yes. Even though we were both aware that she was playing us both, we still fell for her trickery every time.

Deek smiled stupidly at me. “Can we have ice cream for dinner mommy?”

I rolled my eyes at him and looked over to see someone standing in my doorway. My stomach began to churn seeing him displeased look. As much as I didn’t want to admit it, I still cared for him and seeing his face made my heart ache.  “May I help you?” I asked looking past him to my secretary who was silently apologizing to me. I smiled weakly at her and then looked Tyrese. “I need those papers I gave you earlier.” I nodded and pointed to the neat stack of papers on my desk—still eating my salad. Alexia watched her daddy like a hawk with a firm frown. If anyone had reason to be upset with Tyrese—it was Alexia. He offered a friendly smile but she turned back to Deek asking him could she go color. He nodded and kissed her forehead.

I couldn’t do anything but laugh. Tyrese walked out of my office looking like a sad puppy—like someone had stole his favorite toy.

“I fucking hate him.” Deek snapped angrily stabbing his steak. I giggled at his attitude, he was so cute.

“Baby you’re so cute.” I said randomly making him smile. Gosh, my baby was so cute.  “You’re weird, stop looking like you want to eat me.” He teased making Alexia giggle. I playfully pouted at them both causing more laughter at my expense.

“You guys are mean.” I whined crossing my arms. Deek stood up from his chair and walked over to me. He pulled me up from my seat and sat down with me on his lap. “There’s a child in here.” I reminded him as he spun us around to face the huge window.

“I know that smart ass.” He retorted in a ‘duh’ tone.

I felt as if the day was taking a turn for the better. I woke up feeling gloomy but my sunshines had made everything all better. “I love the way you make me feel.” I whispered resting myself against him. He wrapped his strong arms around my waist placing sweet kisses on my neck.

I wasn’t sure if I loved Deek as much as I loved Tyrese or not but I was sure that I couldn’t live without him. He kept me grounded, he kept me sane, he kept he focus—most importantly he kept me when I felt worthless. He treated me like a queen and Alexia like a princess. He dealt with my attitudes and put me in check when I needed to be corrected.

“You already know that I love you Alana. I love you and Alexia—you guys are my world.” He whispered back making me feel emotional.

I knew it then. I loved this man. I really loved this man.