Chapter 5

Hanna's POV
The guard slammed her fist down on the table making a loud bang, enough to stop our mini-makeout session. I pulled myself away from Caleb's strong, comforting grasp and looked up at him as if to say sorry.

He's cheeks blushed a shade of light, rosy, pink as the guard informed us that there was 'no making out' allowed in the visiting room. My gosh was he cute!

As we sat down in our seat once more, I could see the worry in Calebs eyes.
"So um, what are we supposed to do?" He almost whispered

"Well I'm not having an abortion if that's what you mean." I replied back almost instantly

"What?! That is not what I meant! I meant how will this work?"

Unsure of how it would work, I turned around and looked at the officer with pleading eyes as if to say 'please explain how it will work'. She nodded her head and stepped forward, her voice becoming dull and filled with sadness.

"During labour, no visitors are allowed inside and you will instead be watched closely by prison guards. It is quite possible that you will be shackled so be prepared. 30 minuets after birth, you will be handcuffed once more and will spend between 24-48 hours with your child at the hospital, after which you will be returned to prison. Then, if you give permission, we will place your child with your partner and he will gain custody of the child. If you do not give permission, he/she will be placed in foster care." "I'm sorry, I've been through this experience too" As she said the last sentence, I could see tears well in her eyes.

I looked at Caleb, his soft brown eyes brimming with tears and grabbed his hand squeezing it ever so tightly. I could feel the tears flowing like waterworks, stinging my face as they fell. I didn't know how to react. Shackled? During labour? With no family or friends? The only thing to do was to cry.

"What about visits, will she be allowed visitors during her pregnancy?" I heard Caleb mumble between his sobs

"At this stage, with supervision, yes. Your sentence clearly stated that you were to have no unapproved visits for the first 2 months. This visit was approved for emergency purposes however, in 1 more month, you will be free to have visits every day if you wish."

Caleb looked up at me, "I will always be here Han, nothing will stop me from seeing you every day"

Hearing him say those words to me made my heart sing with happiness. I wasn't sure how Caleb would react upon hearing I was pregnant, but so far he had been nothing but supportive.

"Um excuse me ma'am" I looked up at the guard once more. "During ultrasounds, will Caleb be allowed to attend?" I asked, afraid of what the answer would be

"Please Hanna, call me Maria. And to it answer your question, I am currently in the process of seeking approval for that to be allowed, so by the time of your next ultrasound, hopefully yes"

Being stuck in Jail wasn't ideal, however it seemed as if Maria was doing everything in her power to make it as easy, and enjoyable as possible. I crossed my heart and wished upon a star that Caleb would be able to join me during ultrasounds and be as involved as possible. Deep inside, I begun to feel happy again, and I was hopeful for as to what mine, and my unborn child's future would be like.

Calebs POV
When it was time for me to leave, me and Hanna both seemed to get quite emotional. When I walked in here I was expecting to hear something terrible, but as I stood up to say goodbye, I realised that our baby was, and is one of the best things to even happen me. Sure, it wasn't under ideal circumstances, but nonetheless I was still overjoyed.

"So, can I tell people yet?" I whispered into her ear after kissing her

She remained silent.

"I don't know... I'm only 6 weeks Caleb. In all honestly I would like to tell people myself once I am allowed visitors" I was slightly disappointed as I wanted to gloat and brag that I, Caleb Rivers was going to become a father. But I understood where she was coming from and didn't argue.

"That's fair Han, I love you so much"
"I love you too Caleb" and with that, I was ushered out by Maria.

....

I just got back from my visit with Hanna and sat down to comprehend what I had been told hours earlier when my phone begun to buzz with texts.

I saw the name 'Trouble' pop up on my screen, realising it was the group chat with Me, Hanna, spencer, Toby, Aria, Ezra and Emily.Although Alison had been kicked from the chat and Hanna didn't have her phone anymore, we still texted on our chat almost everyday like we did before everything happened.

*Trouble*
Toby👮🏽: Hey Caleb, how did you visit with Han go?
Emily🏊🏼‍♀️: Ohhhhh you got to see her, give us the goss
Aria🌿: we need the details. Like now.
Me: uggghhhhh you guys🙄No details to share, I was told to keep my mouth shut🤐
Aria🌿: Ugh damn you🖕🏼
Spencer🤓: ohhhh this sounds juicy. Spill the beans, she's pregnant isn't she?🤰🏼
Me: What do you mean 'she's pregnant' Spencer?
Spencer🤓: C'mon, I'm not stupid. If it was an emergency visit she's either pregnant or hurt. If she was hurt it would have been a longer visit.... sooooooo, she's obvs preggo lol😂

I didn't want to deny Spencer's comment, but I also didn't want to agree with it. Instead, I placed my phone on the coffee table and turned on the TV. As I was flicking through the channels, I could here my phone blowing up with what seemed like hundreds of messages. I settled on watching 'American Ninja Warrior', dreaming of my future with Hanna, and now our child.

**********************************************************************************
I know it's not much, but thankyou so much for 140+ reads💗

Lol I'm not very good at writing from a males perspective (being a female and all) , so please just don't judge😂

I'm not happy with this chapter and nothing really happens, but more drama WILL happen I promise💗

Follow me @flyingdancer02 and add this story to your library to see when I update🌹🌿