Authorly Things

June 7, 2021:
Heya! This is the OG version of this story, but if you want to read the latest, check out the story, A Merciful Poison, on my page! <3

https://www.wattpad.com/story/272667746-a-merciful-poison-new-version-of-frost-cinder

* * * * *

Summary: After a freak accident that Shelland Conall can't remember, a strange boy with a snarky attitude shows up on her front porch, astounding her with the frightening realization that he's been following her.

To make matters worse, her stalker claims to be the one that saved her from her unknown brush with death, and he comes bearing an unthinkable truth: someone's been poisoning her. It's not just any type of poison, but a suppressant disguised as an everyday pill, and it's been specifically crafted to stultify something inside her.

The question is, what?

Now, Shelland must learn how to decipher what's real and what's not. She thinks they've both gone crazy. That he's a rambling loony, and she's just as insane for listening, but when his ramblings soon turn to fact, Shelland will have to question everything she's ever known. Who can she trust? Her family, her best friend, or the enigmatic stranger with eyes like ice and a heart to match?

* * * * * *

I shouldn't have to say this, but for my own peace of mind, I'm going to.

COPYRIGHTED. Please, don't steal this story or any of the elements of it. I've worked incredibly hard on this novel. Don't do something you wouldn't want someone else to do to you.

COPYRIGHT@IMOGEN ISLES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

If you like this story, please feel free to share the love by voting and commenting. Even if you're not sure what to say, dropping a simple "hey, this is pretty rad" means everything to me. You readers are my lifeblood.

Things to be aware of: violence, intense scenes, descriptions of gore, some sexual content, and other young adult issues, but this story will remain PG-13.

* * * * * *

ALSO: I'M ON ALL THE SOCIALS!
For future excerpts and pretty pictures and the first look at all the stupid things I say, follow me (ImogenaryThings) on all the places.