Chapter 12

'We're getting Chinese,' Louis said.

'Oh okay, that's fine because, you know, you go to college and this is your dorm.' I said sarcastically back to him, looking up from my laptop and sticking my tongue out before going back to work. I felt the bed move a little, and turned my head to see Liam smile at me. I smiled back.

'Hi.'
'Hi.'

And that was it. We just continued staring at each other, smiling. It may have been seconds, it may have been minutes, it may have even been an hour for all I know. I just couldn't help but get lost in his deep brown eyes, following a swirling pattern that reminded me of melted chocolate.

'Stop flirting and tell me what you want to eat.' Louis said, dragging me away from Liam's intent gaze.

'We weren't flirting,' I said, blushing, 'and I'll have orange chicken with egg fried rice.'

Louis gave me a knowing look before picking up his phone to place our order.

'Hello? Is this Noodle Nation? Hi, I'm ordering from Manchester University for delivery to be picked up by the main gates of campus.' He then proceeds to place all of our orders. 'How much will that add up to? Okay, thanks. Oh, okay.' He covered the phone with his hand and said, 'The guy said £5 extra and we can get a side of dumplings for all of our meals. Do you guys want dumplings?'

'Sure, why not?' Niall said, and Liam nods, agreeing with him.

'I've never had dumplings before, but sure,' I shrugged. El turns to me, looking shocked, then turns to her boyfriend on the phone. 'Get the girl dumplings, she's clearly been deprived.' I smile sheepishly and continue with my work.

'Alex,' I hear a voice in front of me say.

'Can I continue with work or not?' I sighed, frustrated.

'Nope.' I could almost hear him grinning. I looked up to meet Niall's perfectly straight teeth and smiled back. 'Yes Niall?'

'Have you ever eaten Chinese before?' I nodded my head in response. I remember one night I went to stay with my friend, and we had Chinese. That's about the only time, which is why I knew what to order. My dad had no time for fast food 'junk' as he said.

'Once before, but I really liked it.'

'Only once? Why didn't you order it again?'

I hesitated. 'I'm not a fast food kind of person,' I rephrased, seeing if he noticed my hesitation. He didn't, and we just carried on talking, like we'd known each other forever.

'Food's here,' Louis said as he and El came back with plastic bags. Had it really been that long? I didn't even notice they had left.

We shared out all of the food and began eating, and I almost drooled over my food. It had been ages since I had eaten an unhealthy meal. The cooks made sure nothing I ever ate was unhealthy. Having a watchful eye over you at all times is not the greatest thing.

I finished my chicken and egg fried dice and picked up a dumpling, I was about to eat it but I noticed the atmosphere was quite tense, like someone was watching me, anticipating my next move.

I looked up to find everyone staring at me. I raised my eyebrow in amusement. 'Can I help you?'

'We want to be here for your first time,' El responded. 'Eat the dumpling.' I shrugged and took a bite, starting to chew.

'No,' Niall argued. 'You're supposed to eat it whole, not-' he was cut off by me coughing violently.

'Alex? Alex, are you okay? Are you choking?'

'Her face is bright red! She must be having an allergic reaction.' That was the last thing I heard, before everything became blurry, and I could feel myself blacking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have nothing to say apart from I'm sorry. I haven't lost interest, and I'm writing the next chapter now. Sorry for extreme lateness (4 months, wow) and sorry for shortness. Love you all, hope you can forgive me.

Sorry again,
Avery <3