Chapter Two: They can't hurt me the way he did

I jumped in surprise when someone tapped my back.

Not again! After that kiss, umalis nalang bigla si Devon at iniwan ako.

I glanced over my shoulder, only to find Robbie, looking so irritated and annoyed. "Here's your damn purse. Some punk hid it!" Sabi nito sa naiinis nitong tono habang inaabot sakin yung purse ko.

I blinked twice. "Oh!" I cleared my throat. "Thanks." I added and grabbed my purse, absentmindedly.

To my surprise, Robbie cupped my face. "Are you ok? What's wrong? Did something happen?" Tuloy tuloy na tanong nito habang sinisipat mabuti yung buong mukha ko.

I chuckled and smacked his hand out of my face. "I'm fine. You're worrying too much, Robbie bear." I looked up and flashed him one of my practice smiles. "I'm tired though. Can you drive me home now?"

"Are you sure?" He asked, still looking at my face suspiciously.

"Damn sure." I muttered.

Robbie shook his head and ruffled my hair. He drew a deep breath at hindi na nag usisa pa.

We walked to his car and drove in silence. I lost in my thoughts as I peered outside his window.

Devon really did a number on me.

"Armie!" Robbie's loud voice snapped me out of my reverie.

I tilted my head to the side, looking confused. "What?"

"Your phone is ringing." He replied, giving me a pointed look.

"Oh!" I grabbed my phone out of my purse and looked at the caller ID. It's Gareth.

Some random guy. I sighed and shoved my phone back.

"You're not going to answer that?" Robbie asked as he raised his eyebrow.

I shrugged my shoulders. "He's not important, anyway."

Robbie smirked. "One of your toys?"

I lifted a brow, a soft chuckle escaped my lips. "One of my toys?" I repeated, amusingly.

"That's all you do. Play with them but not actually put out!"

I laughed. Am I that obvious?

Oh well! I did the same thing with him before, the reason why we clicked. We are better off as friends.

"Why are you hanging with them, if you're not that interested?" Kunot noo na tanong ulit ni Robbie.

Because with just a glance, they can't make my stomach flutter the way Devon did.

With just a smile, they can't make my heart pumped like crazy the way Devon did.

At ang pinaka importante!

They can't hurt me like the way he did.

I cleared the lump forming in my throat. "Why are you playing with your whore if you're not that interested?" Balik tanong ko dito.

"That was before!" He replied, gaping at me.

I smirked. "Oh! I forgot that you've already left your whoring days behind because you are so in love...."

"Armie!"

"What?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm just saying."

"You always know how to dodge a subject." He mumbled but I heard him perfectly, I just decided to ignore it.

Silence followed.

After a few minutes of peacefulness, he pulled at my driveway. "Thanks for the lift." Nakangiti kong lingon dito.

Nabura yung ngiti sa mga labi ko ng tinitigan lang ako ni Robbie. Masuri nitong sinusuyod ang buo kong mukha.

"Stop staring at me Robbie!" Naiinis at naaasiwa kong sikmat dito.

He's trying to analyse me again! Last time he did this, it didn't end well!

I huffed. "What is your problem?" I rolled my eyes ng hindi pa rin to tumigil sa pagtitig sa mukha ko. I shifted sideways and stared back at him. "I can do a lot of things, Robbie bear but reading your mind is not one of them."

Robbie shook his head in disbelief and amusement. "What a smart mouth, Mie!"

I smirked. "It comes in handy." I waved my hand in front of him. "Now, tell what you want."

"What happened earlier?" Robbie asked, without beating around the bush.

It caught me off guard dahil akala ko nawaglit na sa isip nito yung kilos ko kanina.

I cleared my throat. "Nothing----"

He cut me off. "Stop lying, Mie." He said warningly.

I sighed. "Instead of talking about my pathetic and wasted life. Let's talk about your colorful and sparkling love life. How's Chelle?" I asked, changing the subject.

When Chelle is involved, nawawala sa sarili si Robbie!

"She's busy preparing for our wedding. She wants everything to be perfect." He paused and shook his head. "She doesn't even need a perfect setting. She's enough for me." He added, like a love sick puppy.

See, what I mean?

"Do pray, she won't run away with some random guy before your big day." I teased him.

"Armie!"

"I'm just kidding, Robbie. Loosen up a little! You're starting to act like a mother hen in heat." I said, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

Robbie groaned inwardly. "Why do you always have a comeback for everything?"

"Being pretty has an advantage." Baliwala at wala sa hulog na sagot ko dito.

Robbie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What does that even mean?" Naguguluhan na tanong nito.

"Nothing." I waved my hand dismissively. "I just want to emphasize my goddess-like figure and my gorgeous face."

Robbie gaped at me and then shook his head, a soft chuckle escaped his lips. He rested his head back against his chair. "I don't know what I'm going to do with you, Armie."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I always wonder the same thing." I replied, feigning ignorance.

Robbie raised his eyebrow, inquiringly.

I waved my hand in front of my face. "Come on, with a face like this." I paused and shook my head dramatically. "Everything is so easy!"

That did it! Robbie burst into laughter.

Interrogation forgotten!

Sometimes, Robbie can be so easy.

I touched the handle, ready to get out of his car.

"Hey! We're still not finished talking!"

And here goes the easy part!

I glanced over my shoulder and gave him my innocent and angel like smile. "But I'm tired Robbie bear. And you sounded like a love guru, asking for my affair. It's creepy in so many ways."

I got out of his car and slammed the door at his dumbfounded face.

Really easy. Chelle made him so soft like a candy.