Chapter 1

A slender woman entered the amusement park with a brown messenger bag that held all the paper she could ever need for the new book she was writing. Her eyes locked onto her target, the scariest roller coaster ever constructed. She could only write what she knew, and this time she needed to know extreme fear. She was so intent on the thought that as she was walking, she bumped into Mr. Price himself.

"I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, looking up and realizing it was him for the first time.

When the young woman's kind brown eyes looked at him his heart skipped a beat. Since the divorce, he had been a lonely, broken man, in need of a companion that would actually love him.

The woman squinted for a moment. "Hey, aren't you Mr. Price?" the woman asked.

Steven smiled slightly and nodded in silent response.

"I'm terribly sorry for bumping into you." she said, repeating the apology.

"No need for an apology, I don't always look where I'm going." he chuckled.

She smiled.

"I'm sorry I didn't get your name." Steven said.

"Oh. I'm Annabelle, Winston."

He smiled, "It's a pleasure to have met you Miss Winston. Have you been on any of the rides yet?" He asked curiously.

"I'm afraid I haven't." she laughed at her choice of wording.

"Scared?" He asked.

"Terrified."

"Would it help if I came along?" he offered.

"Yes it would, thank you." she smiled.

They went on nearly all the rides and by the end of the day they were exhausted. Steven walked her to her car.

"I hope you had fun." Steven smiled, hoping she approved of his park.

"I did." she smiled bright. "I never had so much fun being scared." she laughed.

Steven smiled at her, as they reached her car.

"Well, thank you for everything Mr. Price."

"Please, call me Steven."

"Alright, Steven, I had a wonderful time and a lot to write for my book." she said happily.

Steven couldn't stop smiling; he knew he liked this girl. A lot.

"I'm glad, that's the most fun I've had in years." he admitted.

She smiled, trying not to blush when she saw how gorgeous his eyes were.

"I hope to see you again." Steven said softly.

"Really?"

"Of course."

Annabelle had a gentle dreamy smile on her face as she looked at him. He just seemed so perfect to her. They complimented each other so well, it was amazing.

"Well I guess I should be letting you go." Steven smiled sadly and gently took her hand.

"I guess so..." Annabelle said quietly.

He kissed her hand like a gentlemen then looked into her eyes and his heart beat quicker.

She gently placed the hand he kissed around his neck as his arm wrapped around her waist and gently pulled her closer. She placed her other hand on his chest when she was close enough.

He leaned in, her eyes closed when their lips interlocked. He kissed her slowly, making each second last. She slid the hand on his chest up and around his neck as he pulled her even closer. A shock of pleasure ignited both of them, confirming to themselves that they were made for each other.