What I See

They say I'm loosing weight, but when I look in the mirror, all I see is hate. They say that I'm pretty, wonderful and nice, but still I don't believe, still the thoughts haunt me at night. They say the proof is in the pants, but maybe its the brand? They say I'm at the perfect weight, but loose more, I feel I can. I see all those girls, and I just want to cry. They're so beautiful, and why can't I? Some of them are nice, a lot of them are mean. I long to be the first one, pretty, nice and lean. I don't eat the bad, only the good. It was a hard feat to beat, but I knew that I could. So now I don't stop. I don't stop the run. I never will, for it will never be done. I struggle with this every single day. It overcomes me, and I forget to just pray. I don't know if I will ever see myself, for what I truly am. A child of the King, who gave me the blood of the lamb. But still I struggle, every single day. For what I see, is not what they say.------------------------------------------------------------------------Self-image is a huge issue in today's society with women and girls all over the world. I know that I struggle with it everyday. So much so that it can ruin my day. But girls we need to remember that we are all beautiful! And that God has created us in his perfect image.