Xander's POV

I caught myself staring into a pair of wincing black, beautiful eyes.

I couldn't quite decipher her face because it was too bright from the sunlight.

My arms caught her back, with her arm around my neck. She seemed to have tripped, and I caught her. Ehh. Typical.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

Her head tilted to her right. Her eyes weren't wincing anymore, yet I heard no response.

She seemed to be in a reverie or something. She should be aware of her weight, we've been in this position for quite some time now.

"Miss, Hello?"  I asked once again, this time, hoping for some response.

Is she mute? I asked myself. I think she is.

I saw her eyes widen. She stood up immediately and fixed herself. About time!

"Sorry," she mumbled. So she speaks!

This time, I got a great view of her face, and she was beautiful. Her eyes were almond shaped and black, with long curvy lashes. Her skin was fair and very flawless, no pimple or imperfection in sight. Her lips were thin and naturally pinkish, which made her the more beautiful. And she didn't seem to have any make-up on.

I smelled coffee. It turned out some coffee spilled on her black skinny jeans. I felt bad.

"Eh. It was I who caused your fall thus spilling your iced coffee all over your jeans. And then you, all of a sudden, proclaim that you're sorry. How ironic people are today." I protested. I picked up the coffee cup and threw it in some trash bin. I felt guilty about the coffee. I should buy her one.

 "C'mon, let's buy you a nice cup of iced coffee," I suggested with a friendly smile.

"Oh no, you don't have to," she said.

"Seriously? Come on, it won't bother me. Please, I don't want anyone holding grudges over me." I said. I grabbed her arm which was hanging by her left. "Let's go,"

I feel quite awkward holding the hand of someone I just met, I don't what hit me. But here I am, dragging her to a coffee shop. Oh well.

-

She seemed so peaceful just standing there, waiting for my treat. I realized that she was more of a cute than beautiful, just my type.

"Here's your coffee," the vendor said.

This may not be the same iced coffee I spilled on her, but at least.

"Here you go," I said, handing her the iced coffee.

"Thank you," she responded, she took the cup from my hands and took a sip. She looks so innocent.

"I guess I better get going, nice meeting you." I said. Her eyes widened. She looked like a six year old who didn't want his father to leave.

"Oh, goodbye. Thanks for the coffee." she said. I waved goodbye, then turned and walked away.

 -

I drived home with my new white car. I just had my driver's license two month ago, this car's just as new.

I inserted my newly bought Dirty Work album of All Time Low. I chose to play Time Bomb and sang along.

From the get-go, I knew this was hard to hold

Like a crash, the whole thing spun out of control

Oh, on a wire, we were dancing