What Lorelle is...

I cry violently as my husband holds me in his arms both of us silent as we reflect on what we have just witnessed.

When Lorelle faced me to take the chicken I saw what once was a beautiful face now full of fear. Her sparkly blue eyes dry and sad, her skin white under the purple and green of her bruised limbs and her lips looked dry and sore. Once long silky hair was now matted, dirty, dry and missing in patches. Her face arms and legs had many cuts but although many looked old none of these gave the slightest hint of healing. The worst bit by far though was her mouth.

Lorelle had such ruby red lips and amazing white teeth that were locked in a constant smile. This smile could light up the whole town and brighten anyone’s day instantly. That is it did, before she got sick now her mouth is dry and bloody, her teeth long and sharp with the strength of a fox.

As she bit through the bone with her teeth Lorelle’s eyes seemed to light up but it was different now. Whenever something really good happened Lorelle’s eyes would almost glow with joy but what i just witnessed is more of an evil light, the way a fox would look at a sheep. I ran away, scared for my life. Scared of my daughter.

I ran and ran crying as i realized what had become of my daughter. She was the same girl completely changed but by what?

My husband Eric saw me as i came up over the hill towards where he was working with my sons and dropped his tools. As i came closer he saw the distressed look upon my face. Completely out of breath I tried to tell him what i saw but ended up a panting crying mess. My youngest son Jonson was Eric and he hugged me as I cried into my husband's shoulder. After a few minutes I had almost stopped cried but didn't want to explain what had happened not with Jonson there i told him i had hurt my ankle but that i had to take Father to see something. Eric had I lead Jonson to the house and told him to wait there with his brother.

Outside I took Eric's hand and without a word lead him to the shed. I dared not enter again but my husband did bravely. He edged closer to the once again motionless Lorelle with some chicken and once again she rapidly grabbed and ate the chicken giving my husband a look at her long pointy bleeding teeth. Its the teeth that scare us the most.

later that day I find Lorelles best friend. I don’t want him to see what Lorelle but I explain to him what i saw. We talk for a while about how she used to be until we can take no more. Before we leave I ask him what he thinks of it. Of everything that’s happened in the last few months. I sob as I plead for him to answer a question I forbid myself to think about because although I don’t let myself believe it I already know what’s happened and Thierry gives me an answer I never wanted to hear.

Stories are told of creatures with long, bloody and fang-like teeth. Creatures that at the first glance seem to be human but at the second appear to be the work of the devil.

They can eat whole cows and drink the blood of humans to survive. During the day they sleep in dark places as the sunlight burns there skin but during at night there’s no stopping them.  Any human who's had their blood drunk will become one of these creatures.

Thierry tells me this might be what has happened to Lorelle and although he says might we still believe this must be it.

Lorelle must be one of these creatures, one of these things. Lorelle must be a vampire!!

Sorry this chapters short but I really wanted to end the chpter on that. Thanks guys :D