Chapter 1: Encounter

New school, new life, new friend the old saying says. Emily didn't want this time to be a mess her previous school did not do her fun, well what fun could she have when books was her favorite companion. She wore her favorite superman racer-back tanktop and slipped into pinstripe acid washed skinnies paired with black chucks. She peeked at her wrist watch, ''Holy cheesecake. I'm running late.'' she said with eyes wide open looking at the watch telling her it's 6:34 am. Carelessly but with the most accurate effort she could afford that moment she applied a thin eyeliner and lipbalm. Better arrive late than ugly for the first day. 

She rushed down the stairs leaving loud and heavy footsteps, ''Emily, be careful you might fall out of the stairs'' she heard her mother say. White walls, chipped wooden tables & chairs, and old tableware. She had finally reached the diner area which is located right beside the kitchen area separated by a kitchen Island bar. The house was small but they utilized the small space perfectly. ''Come on eat, honey.'' said Mrs. Parker

Aw, I can't eat. I'm running late.. ''I can't, mom. I'm late..''

"You're not.. It's 6:35" her mother insisted. ''6:38 actually. Mom, I don't wanna mess this time. You know why.'' said Emily. But she is hungry so she grabbed a piece of toast in the table, drank the fresh milk and kissed her mother's cheek. ''I'm leaving mom. Bye.'' she said before stepping away from the table. ''Take care, baby.'' Mrs. Parker responded. ''Good luck, nerdy'' from that one person she hates in the house, her brother Max.

  Emily rode on the first bus that came, she had no more time to waste waiting for another one, and bad luck was on her side this time, she had to stand. It's what people hate the most having to stand in a moving bus, take note, not everyone you stand with is nice and innocent. Speaking of which she felt something brushing, maybe even touching her bum. She held her bag and yanking it away to hit whoever was crossing the line "What a bad hobby of yours old man. " said a guy she did not know. The guy had amazing blue eyes, like the ones made out of ocean water and coal black hair with a few streaks of dark brown. He was tall, very tall, and muscular.The old man looked dismayed ''What are you talking about? I did not do anything'' he said, angry, as he squeezed out of the crowd looking for another spot. How dare he deny  "Thanks for saving my ass back there'' she said. She should at least give the man her thanks.

He moved backward returning to his previous position and chuckled under his breath. ''Some humor you have there,'' he smiled his eyes were sparkly shiny blue. People said that only girls had sparkly eyes but the man had them. ''Did I literally save your ass back there?'' And she gave a smile back, realizing what he meant. ''Yes, maybe.''  a small smile still on her lips, quite embarrased maybe. Minutes have passed Emily kept on tapping her foot looking at her watch 7.. Wow look who's late. She checked the guy who saved her ass a while ago. The man was fast asleep, he seemed to be going to the same school as her, she thought, as she look at the logo on his varsity jacket which had ''Wonder High'' embroided on it. 

She could already see the tall towers of the school,  finally almost there, should I wake him up? she hesitated. ''Mr.'' she tried calling out. It was no use she tried poking his shoulder lightly, still of no use.. So Emily trying once more poked him on his side. Startled, the guy finally woke up, surprise written all over his face. She smiled faintly partly because she's nervous about waking him up, ''Sorry for breaking your sleep, but I think we go to the same school, and we're almost there so,'' her voice cracked ''I woke you up.. Sorry if I was wrong'' she looked at his face waiting for a reaction, then he smiled, widely. ''Yes. Yes. I assume you're new because you don't know me, and you're not in your uniform. I'm Robert Evans.''  he extended his hand to her, for a handshake of course.

So he's Robert.. sounded pretty old school to her. ''Emily Parker'' she smiled as she  shake hands with him. She felt electricity through her veins, which felt weird. Too weird. She hated boys, she hated touching them, the only man she had let touch her was her father. She immediately unchained their hands. Which left Rob clueless perhaps startled, he returned his hand to his pocket. Why does men love putting their hands in their pockets.

"

The two got out of the bus. The cold air and flying leaves, the students running here and there. They have finally arrived. As soon as they got up the stairs students were greeting Rob. Everywhere, and almost everyone as Emily walked slowly behind. Is he famous or something? and she remembered Rob's words  ''Yes. Yes. I assume you're new because you don't know me, and you're not in your uniform. I'm Robert Evans.''  So this is what he meant. 

''Rob, buddy!'' a tall muscular man with green eyes and curly brown hair called out, there were 3-4 more people behind the guy. Perhaps they're Robert's friends? She thought she'd better get going and so she went straight to the locker. Emily could hear voices and some words like ''What's up!'' and it goes on. ''Wait, Emily!'' she stopped right there and turned around to see why, ''"See you around!" he said and smiled. She smiled back and saw the other's faces smiling as well. 

The bell rang.. Luckily I wasn't lost and was able to find my room fast.

Classes started. I made friends. Namely Alex, Eron, Essa, Tricia and James.

Good for a start I guess?

We sat on the benches while eating our snacks.

Jessa: Welcome to the group Emily!

Me: Thanks.. I'm glad to become friends with all of you..

Eron: Why did you transfer by the way?

Ugh..

Me: Well.. Uhm. My previous school didn't treat me well. The students, I mean.

Eron: Eh??

Me: Bullies. They ruined my school life

Alex: I see... Too bad. But don't worry. You won't be bullied with us around!

in chorus: RIGHT.

Me: Thank you guys. Oh.. Uhm can I ask something??

Jessa: Hm?

Me: Who is Robert Evans?

Tricia: OMG. Robert Evans? You like him don't you? Well that's not surprising he is the hottest jock out there after all.

I see. So he was really famous..

Me: No. I don't crush him.. Well I mean.. We've met earlier.

Jessa: Eh? How????

I told them what happened earlier and the girls were so jealous while the guys was like what-so-good-about-him.

My first day was awesome.