The Right to Live, Part Two

When I opened my eyes, I was terrified.

Before me was the King of Wings. I instantly bowed but he quickly said, “Why have you gone to the Skies of Light, when you know it was forbidden?"

 I slowly stood up with my face full of terror, because I know that I have been caught. I nervously stuttered, "I a-am s-s-sorry, but I j-just wanted t-to k-k-know what w-was out t-t-t-there and w-where my p-parents are."

I looked up at the king. He was dressed simply, in a purple shirt and jeans. His hair was a dark shade of blue, almost purple. His wings were unlike any that I had seen before. They were black but somehow glowing, like the harvest moon, with its red-orange-ish outline. But the most terrifying thing was the dark smirk on his face and the glowing yellow eyes that were staring straight at me.

 It was like he was looking straight through me, like he was turning me to stone like the Gorgon, Medusa. And when he spoke next, with a cold and menacing voice, he said, “The punishment for going there is very painful. Do you know what it is?"

I gulped as his evil smirk grew wider. I slowly replied, “No, sir, I do not know the punishment, and please forgive me."

His glare increased to the point where I could not even move. "What you did is unforgivable, you ungrateful brat. I let you live in my kingdom with but one simple rule. I tell you that you cannot go to one place, and you betray my trust and go. Now you will get the punishment of your life." the King said darkly.

 I was grabbed by a pair of guards and put in chains. The guards walked me to a dark room where visibility was near zero. I could only see maybe two feet ahead. They took me to a table, grabbing my head and smashing it into the table.

Then they took my chains off and put me on the table and as they did so, I saw the dark red stains. I knew the stains were the blood of past people that were on this table. Fear instantly flooded my body. I saw that the table had chains attached and they too were stained with that dark red blood. They quickly put the chains on me and I let out a slight noise of protest. The guard that was putting the chains on me gave me a dark smile and tightened the chains more.

Then the king came in with an old sword. The sword was a faded shade of gold and it was definitely a medieval sword. He gave me his evil smirk and walked up to me.

He said, "Are you ready for what is about to happen, Lucas? Too bad if you’re not ready, ‘cause I am going to start now either way."

 He brought up the sword and his smirk grew into a chilling grin. Next thing that happened hurt so much I almost passed out from the. The sword was brought down, glinting in the light, and it chopped off one of my wings.

 I screamed in pain and that only made him laugh. He brought up the sword again and let it fall, taking my other wing with it. Soon everything faded away into a deep black darkness and I could neither think nor feel a thing.

A/N:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: If any ideas in this story belong to anyone else, then I am sorry and if so, then those ideas belong to their rightful owner(s).