The Right to Live, Part One

One night I was thinking, why do I live here?

Well, I guess before we get into all of that I should tell you about the world I live in.

There are 18 kingdoms, or countries as you would call them. I lived in the kingdom of wings when I was born. I was raised there until I was 13 years old, but I will get to that soon.  

            Now back to the question I was thinking about: I finally decided that I should use my wings and go explore the kingdom's highest skies. By the way, all the people of the Wings Kingdom have wings on their backs, like angels.

 So the next morning I packed my bag with food in case I were to get hungry. I also packed my favorite drink, grape juice. So I took off and I ran into a friend of mine named Jace. I quickly said hi and he said "Hey, Lucas! Where are you off to in such a rush, you are normally still asleep right now!"

I turn around to face my friend. Today his hair is red, it changes color every day and I’m not really sure how. He also had his lucky jacket that he never takes off, at least that I know of and he was wearing red jeans. He wears different colored jeans according to whatever color his hair is. I just stood there and answered, “I am off to see the Skies of Light".

His face went dark instantly and I know why. We are not allowed in those skies.

And if you get caught in them? Well, no one knows because you never see them again. That’s why I am going, because my parents disappeared in those skies and I just have to find out what happed to them. I quickly turned around and flew off before Jace could try and stop me, since it was forbidden to go there.

 I was about an hour away from the Skies of Light when I met up with the rest of my wing sports team. Jace is on the team as well. There is me, Jace, Destiny, Ace, and last but not least, Shy. Destiny and Shy are identical twins, with red hair and pale skin. They also wear matching clothes. Ace, on the other hand, has black hair and very tan skin. He always wears the same trench coat and oddly, dress pants and dress shoes.

 Destiny called, “Lucas, get over here!” I started to head over to them. I said, "Hi, what are you guys doing out here today?" Ace blurted out, “We could ask you the same thing, ‘cause aren't you normally asleep right now?"

Shy turned to Ace and scolded him, “Don’t be asking stupid questions, Ace, I mean we are lucky! He is up right now and not asleep." Then she turned to me. “Why are you out here anyway?"

I scratched the back of my head and started to explain that I was going to the Skies of Light, and then before they could do anything I flew off. The hour passed by really quickly. When I finally got there it was noon.

 I started to explore but after five minutes I felt a presence, so I called out, "Who are you, and what do you want?"

 Not even a second after I was done did everything go black. When I opened my eyes next I was looking at the one thing that anybody fears. I was right in front of the terrible.........

A/N :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: I am sorry if any ideas in this story belong to any one else and if so they belong to their rightful owners. If you want to be in the story, then put the name, age, and what the character looks like in the comments below.