Home

3:06 p.m.

My stomach ached terribly. I had never felt so carsick in my life. I've already hurled out the window once.

"Jesus, Ian are we even close? Are you sure this place even exists?" I whined.

"Yesss I know. I've driven past it plenty of times in the past. It's actually pretty close so get ready." He bitched back.

I sighed. I was not enjoying the ride as much as the boys were. I couldn't understand how they weren't as sick as I was. We were in the middle of nowhere and there was absolutely nothing to see besides dirt. I was tired of seeing dirt. Dirt dirt dirt.

"There's nothing but dirt out here. I feel like we'd see it by n-"

"There it is!" Max interrupted me.

Up ahead was a huge house. A mansion possibly. I really couldn't believe my eyes.

"Ian, how did you find this place? Why haven't you mentioned it before?" George said utterly baffled.

"I used to drive past it as a kid when I was on road trips. I only thought of it recently." He responded while pulling the car into the shadow of the giant house. I was excited but I could barely move I felt so sick.

"George." I said as I grabbed the back of his shirt.

He turned to face me.

"Carry me?" I said with puppy eyes.

He sighed and lifted me out of the car into a princess carry. I felt like a queen... or a princess I guess.

We all approached the door with a big beautiful door knocker made to look like a lion's head. It was something out of a fairy tale. Ian opened the door immediately which was shocking to me. I thought it'd be harder to get inside. George was the first to step in and he let me down to my feet. Before me was a giant spiral staircase. To my left was a small dining hall and to my right looked to be a living room which had an enormous fireplace inside. Everything was very scenic but not very clean.

"Let's start cleaning so we can relax sooner. Or do you guys want a quick break?" Ian asked us.

"No let's start. (Y/N) and I will start on the upstairs." George said while grabbing a rag and cleaning product from Max's bag.

I went back and grabbed a feather duster then followed George up the staircase.

6:43 p.m.

"Not too shabby." I said while pushing an old velvet loveseat against the wall.

George and I plopped down into the seat with complete exhaustion. We really cleaned the place up. It looked like people currently lived there. No cobwebs, no broken glass, no covered furniture and no dust bunnies. Max and Ian trotted up the stairs.

"Oh, dude. This is great! We just finished the downstairs. We just hooked up the generator. Power is on. No tv though." Max said.

George wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. "Feels like home." He whispered in my ear.

He was right. We've only been here for a few hours but I felt so comfortable already. I don't think I'd feel so comfortable without everyone's company though. They're the only family I have.