Chapter Two - Gabriella Monte Robinson

Half Alive 2

Chapter Two

Gabriella Monte Robinson

"Wake up, gorgeous. Wake up... Oh come on, Just wake up already!" Someone shook my left shoulder rapidly.

My eyes fluttered open and my body immediately shot up looking at my surroundings in full on alert. Seeing that I was still in the graveyard, in front of my father's grave. I stood up and pat the dry dirt off my jeans. I popped my knuckles as a habit that I do a lot when I just wake up. I yawned and stretched my arms and legs a bit as I leaned back. A loud crack met my ears, indicating I popped my back successfully.

I turned my head back up to meet dark brown eyes that belonged to this stranger. Realizing he saw my little 'show' I felt slightly embarrassed. He had brown hair that spiked, faded blue jeans and a regular white t-shirt. The 'good boy' type as others call it. "Who are you?" I asked quietly, wiping where my dry tears were, hopping he wouldn't notice.

In the town Harshley, which is here, we know everyone, it only had about six-hundred people living in it and a lot of that number went to my high school and the middle school. Harshley was the town for orphans. So it was normal to hear that your new friend happened to be living with your neighbor for a few years until they turn eighteen and can go off on their own. In fact, I was an orphan. Well, known to the state as an orphan. We still haven't found out if my mother is actually dead. I was born here, in a beautiful home by the woods and a gorgeous glimmering lake. I had a very happy life, I still do. But there is always that whole in my heart where my parents belonged. They were in my heart, yes. But it has become only a shadow of memories.

When we heard news of my mother, my father said that one day, someone would help me see better about the situation. Someone I loved just as much, or even more, than my mother and father. Of course at that time, I didn't care to think about that. At least I had my father to help me through those hard times without my mother. But when he died years later, I thought my world had just been shattered. No one knows what really happened to my mother that day when she went for a walk in the woods. She shouldn't have been alone. And I'm sure she probably went too far in the woods. But there was no trail marks after one point. Like she had been snatched up into the air. No animal marks to show that something got her from the side. That is the worse part. I don't know what happened to her. She could be alive, she could be dead. She could have gotten lost somehow, in the woods. I don't know if I'll ever find out though.

When the funeral was over for my father, I went to stay with my grandmother. She was the mother of my father, she had been through events like the deaths in my family as well. Her father died in a mine explosion, her mother was killed in a car accident. Her husband, Joseph, died when on a business trip to India. They say there was poison in his veins that caused his heart to stop beating. We can only hope these deaths were only accidents. Our family goes on and on with rare and bazaar deaths. Only few died of old age. So you can be positive, that we are on our guard to strangers and anything suspicious.

My family on my mothers side, were all completely normal. They died of old age or sometimes illnesses. Normal illnesses. Nothing like my great-grandfather who went swimming in a pond one Sunday afternoon. His wife and children on the shore, he went to go remove the dirt from his skin and to relax. The children wanted to swim as well. But my great-grandmother didn't want them to catch colds due to the water being freezing. He went underwater, to swim of course. After a few minutes, of course the mother and children were getting very scared something might have happened. But he was known as a prankster, so they thought maybe he was trying to scare them. After ten minutes, the mother was very worried, and went in herself to get him. She was only met with tears filling her eyes. He had died in the water. He went under and his foot got caught under a rock.