Corruption

I held her by the neck, forcing her to watch the chaos. The queen cried as she watched her colony run amok. The red ants used their brute strength to rip the black ants to shreds, while the black ants used their shear numbers to swarm the red ants, killing them one by one. I laughed maniacally as I snapped off the queen's head from the joint using my powerful jaws. Then I felt a nudge.

I jumped out of my sleep to see the ant who had rescued me. He beckoned me to follow him. I noticed, as we left the room, that there were several ants in the room still resting. As we walked along the close corridors, several ants greeted me, welcoming me to their colony. I smiled gratefully returning their greetings. I caught a few of them glaring at my silver leg. Those ones I ignored but I still tried to keep up my phony smile. I couldn't help wondering about the strange dream I had, somewhere under the wall of hate and evil that had enveloped me I could feel something tugging at me, a part of me which I had long since buried.

When we arrived the queen was busy working. She was digging a new tunnel which led from her room.

"Oh hello Reed," She said addressing the dumb ant," I see you've brought the newcomer."

Reed nodded his head.

"Well have a seat over there," she said now speaking to me," Tell me about yourself.

I, not wanting to be long but also not wanting to tell the truth, told her that I was from a colony of mixed ants who were destroyed by a fire. I told her that it was a very peaceful place and everyone worked hard and got along well.

"Ah! I See," she remarked," If that's true I could really use your help"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes the colony as it stands is falling apart." She said.

"Oh," I said smirking to myself a little.

"Yes we are currently being terrorized by a monstrous frog," she began," It seems to have a particular taste for the red ants of the colony and it's been causing them to become hostile." She turned to look at me.

"Reed said that he saw you defeat a rhinocerous beetle, is that true?"

"Yes" I replied proudly.

"Well do you think that maybe you could beat a frog?"

I looked at her skeptically.

"Please I promise I will take the greatest measures to ensure your safety right now you are our only hope." She looked at me pleading.

I smirked as a nasty plan developed in my head. 

"OK," I said," But I only need one ant to help me "I looked over at Reed and he smiled proudly the only reason I was taking Reed was because I felt like I owed him after all he did save my life.

"Is there anywhere me and Reed could have a quick spar?" I asked the queen. Despite already making the decision to take Reed with me I still had to evaluate his strength. I wouldn't want him to be fodder for the frog.

"Well there is an undeveloped area where the soldiers like to fight," she replied, "Reed could show you"

I looked over to Reed; he nodded his head and gestured for me to follow. He led me along the complex network tunnels, finally stopping in a large open room. A few people were sitting around and a few fights were happening near the center of the space. Reed led me straight to the center and then adopted a fighting stance; I copied him to show I was ready. With speed and grace Reed trotted forward and swung at my face I raised my fore legs to defend but no blow came.

 With speed and grace Reed trotted forward and swung at my face I raised my fore legs to defend but no blow came