01 / if you only knew

Chapter 1: If You Only Knew

Inside the campus' dance studio locates a young man wearing a thoroughly drenched in sweat white top and a pair of dark jeans matching his black niké shoes. The loud blare of the boom box dominated the entire room with only one person grooving to its dynamic beats. The student is named Lee Taeyong. He is the school's best dancer, a hardworking sort of a guy who'd do anything to polish his performance. Everyone in the campus knows him for that.

"Taeyong!" A shout interfered.

He stops as he heard the familiar voice coming from the door. He looks around and his lips then stretched into a wide smile as he knew who it was. He runs to turn off the boom box while the person strode to where he stood.

"You're working hard huh?" The person nudged the elbow of the student alongside.

Taeyong smiled proudly. "Yeah, I have to. The competition is scheduled tomorrow. I gotta beat those asses!"

The batchmate clicked his tongue.

"Hell, yeah. But you don't have to beat yourself this much. I believe you'd be able to win this, even without heavy rehearsals," the student reassures him which made Taeyong even more determined.

Taeyong is a humble person so he wouldn't brag about it. He'd keep all those things to himself instead of speaking it all out. He feels eupeptic hearing comments from someone but he does not show it. He is that type of person, no wonder both guys and girls admire him for this well-driven personality.

"What brought you here anyway?" Taeyong asks as he uncaps the water bottle and drinks from it. "Any news?"

"This letter," the student answered as he stretched his arm towards Taeyong with a folded dirty white paper on his hand. He gives Taeyong a wink, "You know who."

Taeyong eventually smiled and nodded as he takes the letter.

"Now, look at that face," his batchmate pointed out, making Taeyong blush even harder.

Taeyong then realizes and clears his throat immediately as he composed himself.

"You guys owe me a lot as your messenger," the student blurted out. Taeyong only shakes his head and taps his shoulder, chuckling over that idea.

"Thanks bro," Taeyong expressed his gratitude. "Don't worry. I'll pair you up with her sister, alright?"

"Sure thing?" asked Doyoung excitedly in which Taeyong only nodded with a smile.

Doyoung then averts his eyes to the ceiling as he daydreamed of the possible interactions Jisoo and him might have in the near future. He has a massive crush over Jisoo since grade school, although Jisoo never noticed that. Doyoung was clearly spacing out, until Taeyong snapped him back to reality.

"Now quit that out," Taeyong laughed.

"Jisoo sure is a masterpiece," Doyoung says, admitting his affection towards the girl. He then looks at Taeyong, "Will she ever like me?"

Taeyong held his shoulders.

"I ship you both, okay?" Taeyong reassures his friend to lighten up his mood. "Cheer up!" He then raises both of Doyoung's arms in the air and laughed hard but his friend retrieves his arms away from him. He obviously did not like it when someone makes him do that.

"Quit making fun of me, will you?"

Taeyong then apologizes which made Doyoung satisfied.

"I'll get going now," says Doyoung after checking on his watch.

"Tell her to meet me at the music room," said Taeyong.

"Will do," Doyoung nodded. "In one condition!"

"What is it?"

"Ship JiDo, are we clear?" Doyoung tells him making Taeyong laugh on the inside.

"No problem with that, I will ship you both. Just don't forget. Jennie. Okay?"

Doyoung raises both of his thumbs then scurried out of the room, leaving Taeyong back on his business.

Taeyong never leaves the dance studio unless he is satisfied with his performance. He does anything just to pacify himself with the perfect choreography. He makes sure that his feet moves in sync with the beat. He would rather shed a bucket full of sweat than embarrass himself with his lame dancing in front of the crowd and especially, in front of Jennie.

After a few more dancing, he decides to claim his rest and read the letter he got from his friend. He unfolds the sheet and smiled as he saw what was printed on it.

Yongie!
I have a great news! I'm officially heading to the finals! I'm competing with the national team! The judges loved my work and it was so overwhelming. Their compliments made me motivated. Thank you for being the subject of my artwork btw! And guess what? We are going to the ice cream parlor this Saturday, 3PM sharp! We had our deal, did we not? Hmp! Your treat, alright?
-Jenjen

"Alright," Taeyong casually answered as if Jennie was right before him. He pressed his back against the wall and wore a full-on grin as he thought of how delighted his friend was.

I've fallen for you, Jen. If you only knew, Taeyong thought to himself as he was cluelessly smiling.