An Unforgettable Summer

Chapter 1

Prague

The birds flew in formation and the sun shone its brilliance over the city. The sound of a violin playing filled the streets. The smell of fresh pastry filled the old cafeteria. A delivery truck parked outside bringing in fresh supplies of milk. The smell of coffee invaded the cafe as the perculator brewed. The cafeteria was filling in with people. A gentleman in a beige suit walks into the cafeteria to join an old man who was sitting and reading the morning paper.

The gentleman who is 5"7 and Asian whips out a notebook and a pen.  The old man is 5"9, bald and a beard and is dressed meticulously lights his cigar and says, "Have you completed the mission?"

"We encountered some unforeseen challenges."

On opening his briefcase, he proceeds to take out a yellow envelope from his briefcase. By this time, Cecilia approaches and hands them menus and says, "Good Morning! What would you like to order for breakfast?"

"Machiatto and a double espresso with an ash tray, please, " quipped the old man.

"Nothing for me thanks," said the other.

Cecilia repeated the orders and on getting the confirmation proceeded to leave them when all of a sudden, a sharp shriek escaped her mouth.

"GET DOWN EVERYONE!"

Bullets sprayed across the room and there was blood everywhere. After what seemed like eternity, the bullets stopped but there was a mad scramble within the cafeteria. Cecilia survived the incident but the same could not be said for the old man and the gentleman.

Within the blink of an eye, police personnel entered the cafeteria and the place was sealed. The police started taking names of people who were in the cafeteria and started questioning them.

The briefcase was gone.

As pictures were being taken by the Police and Forensics, there was a piece of paper in the old man's pocket and it had cryptic numbers and a woman's name.

Chapter 2

Tokyo

An old man with his chair turned and so his face was obscured received a call from an unidentifiable number. "Who is this?"

The voice was clearly disguised.
"We are coming for you next!"
The phone disconnected.

The old man buzzed his security personnel gruffly ordered them to trace the call. He then barked into the phone to which he had 4 people into the room. He asked, "What's the status on the merger and acquisition?"

A faint response from a 5"2 petite middle aged woman named Miyako who headed the M&A Team said they had just received a call from the other company's lawyers that the M&A would be further delayed because "Hirohito" the mogul was assassinated whilst on vacation in Prague.

The Chief Security Officer proceeded to say that they had doubled up security for the old man's family and him. As he was talking, an omnious feeling swept over him as he remembered how as children in the orphanage, Hirohito and him had escaped several traumatic incidents best left buried.

As if on cue, the power went out for 10 min and there were shouts of surprise. When the power was restored, the 4 people who had been summoned yelled when they saw that the old man had a bullet through his skuĺl and he was dead.

Panic hit the room and Miyako yelled for help to which others came into the office. The police were called.

In the deceased man's pocket was a  piece of paper with a cryptic note carrying numbers and a man's name.