~6~

Riley and I head to Cafe Grace after school and grab two iced teas from my parents. I'm finally getting used to my parents owning this place. They've both quit they're old jobs already and the Cafe is getting lots of business.

After I informed my parents that I was sleeping over, and convincing them that it was okay, even though it was a school night,  we head over to Ry's house.
Because of her "Great Idea",
I admit, I'm just a little worried.
You never know what Ryls has come up with.

We grab some snacks and head up to her room, where she begins to lay out her plan.

"So, Grace, my idea is, we give you a makeover, like clothes and hair and everything. Basically, we're gonna make you popular."

"Excuse me, What? Why?" I say exasperated. There is no way that I could ever become-

"Grace, admit, we used to be invisible, but now that the Cafe has gained popularity, people know who you are. Allen Michaels talks to you! And Bret was totally flirting! All we have to do is make you a little more confident, hang with the right people, adjust your look, and Bam!"

I chuckle at her enthusiasm, but shake my head. "Ry, Thanks for this, but no way. I'm not pretty, or confident. I'm not ever gonna be popular!"

My friend sighs, and ruffles her curly brown hair. She hates her 'big' hair, but to me it's her best feature. It matches her personality.
"Grace, grace, grace, always doubting yourself. Just let me give you a teensy makeover, tommorow, before school."

I sighed. Once Ry had her mind set, it was hard to convince her otherwise.

"Okay, fine."