High

5:58 p.m.

Joji👺 : Are you on your way??

Y/N : Yeah I'm a few blocks away

I picked up the pace and started jogging. The sound of my feet hitting the ground reminded me of my high school years when I ran cross country. It was fun until I broke my ankle. I definitely would've kept it up if that hadn't happened. During recovery I tried out singing and music and it became my focus. I was just a kid with a SoundCloud until Joji messaged saying he wanted me to make some music with him. My popularity started growing and I started my own YouTube channel. Who knew my life would turn out this way?

I finally made it to George's apartment building. The elevator was packed which was unusual. I got in but I should've waited for the next one. The old woman behind me was breathing hot air down my neck and the kid to my left was screaming his little lungs out.

You've reached the 5th floor

I squeezed myself out and made my way down to Joji's room. The door was already cracked open so I let myself in. Joji and Max were sitting at the coffee table smoking pot.

"Are you fucking serious? We leave in like an hour and you're supposed to drive." I barked.

George took another puff and exhaled through his nose.

"I invited Ian so I hope you don't mind. He's gonna drive first." George said while passing the joint to me.

I was irritated but I still took a hit. It was only my first hit off this joint but I felt soft and a little drowsy. It felt good.

"Come here." George motioned towards himself.

I stepped over and sat on his lap while passing the joint back to Max.

"...Shit, is Ian even on his way?" Max coughed.

"Yeah he texted me a few minutes ago." George rubbed his hands up and down my thighs. I loved it when he did that. I'd melt every time.

Not even a few seconds later, Ian let himself in.

"Hey fellas. There was a screaming kid on the bottom floor and he was giving me a fucking aneurism." Ian groaned.

"He lives four rooms down. I want to kick him in the ribs." George said.

"George..." I warned. I know he has a crazy sense of humor but I don't really like it when he talks like that.

Max blew a huge puff of smoke and it reached my face making my eyes burn.

"Sorry, dude" Max apologized.

I didn't reply but I got up and went to George's bathroom. I sat on the toilet and opened YouTube.

2 new subscribers

"Woohoo." I said to myself unenthusiastically.

George burst into the bathroom without even knocking. And proceeded to the mirror as if I weren't even there.

"Babe! I'm peeing!" I complained.

He started brushing his shaggy hair back in the mirror and placed an old, beat up NY cap over it. He's had that cap for so long. I don't think he'll ever get rid of it.

"Are you ready to go? Your bag is on my bed right?" He asked.

I rubbed my face in frustration. I get zero privacy with this guy.

"Yeah it is... now go, Freak." I pestered.

He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek while I was still sitting on the toilet. At least I know he's comfortable with me.