Liquid Luck

Alexa's POV

    I woke up the next morning, looking outside the window. It was early in the morning on a Monday. Yay. School work, again. Oh, well. At least I'm not unconscious anymore. I got ready for the day and headed to the Great Hall. I was the first one there, but the second I entered, food appeared on all the tables. I laughed. The house-elves were on top of their game, as usual. I sat down and ate my food. Dumbledore entered and saw me. With a wink, he sat down and started eating. People slowly filtered into the Hall, unwilling to start the school week. Sirius and Remus came in and sat across from me.

    "We are leaving today, Sirius," Remus told me.

    Sirius frowned, looking at his friend.

    "I know that," he said.

    "I was talking to her," Remus muttered, chuckling.

    Sirius's frown deepened, causing me to laugh at him. Remus joined in with my laughter until Sirius laughed as well. My friends came in and sat around me, piling food on their plates. The noise level in the room gradually increased until people were shouting and laughing. This was the norm for Hogwarts. Never a dull moment. Ever.

    "So, what are we doing after school?" Lori asked.

    "I think I need to come up with a schedule for the training. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays after school, including Saturdays and Sundays. I was thinking maybe 4:30 to 5:00 each time. I know it seems to be a short amount of time, but if you add it all up for the rest of the school year, it is a lot of time. What do you think?" I answered.

    "Sounds good," Hermione said. "Reasonable."

    I nodded. I stood up and made my way to the staff table. People were used to me doing this and took no notice. I reached Dumbledore and spoke softly.

    "Professor, I was wondering if I could make an announcement about the training times?" I asked him.

    He nodded and gestured for me to step up to the small podium he usually stood at at the beginning and end of the school year. The Hall fell silent seeing me there.

    "I have come up with a training schedule. 4:30 to 5:00 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. We will meet in the original place. Those who are not in the training program are free to come watch. Thank you," I said.

    I returned to my seat, not a big fan of public speaking. My friends knew this but were happy I had managed to overcome that to announce the times to the school. The school was now buzzing with the talk of training. They seemed very excited now that they knew when they would be training. I thought that I had set a reasonable time that would work for all. I knew that Quidditch practice was at 3:00 to 4:00 for all teams. I had made sure that most people could attend the lessons. Since today was a Monday, there would be a training lesson that very day. The days in between the school-wide lessons, I would be training Harry and Ron in archery. Since Hermione was a Muggleborn, she could be petrified. I wasn't going to risk her being petrified. I knew how the basilisk was getting around.

    "Hey, guys. I know how the snake gets around the school. It uses the pipes. That's why Harry and I can hear the voice in the walls," I said quietly.

    Hermione nodded, agreeing. Sirius and Remus looked at us like we were crazy, which we might be.

    "If you think that you are going on some crazy adventure to kill a basilisk, you are insane," Sirius hissed.

    "If you thought that you could run around with a wolf every month without suffering consequences, you're insane," I shot back.

    Remus and Sirius stared at me, and I smirked in triumph. I went back to my food, hurrying up to get to my first class. I had missed classes for a month. I didn't need to miss anymore. I finished eating and grabbed my bag, headed to the Potions classroom. I waited for about five minutes before the door opened. I turned and saw Draco enter.

    "Hey," I greeted.

    "Hi," he answered.

    He moved and sat next to me, pulling out his Potions book and opening it to the page indicated on the chalkboard in the front of the class. There was a silence between us, but it wasn't uncomfortable.

    "You feeling better, I hope?" Draco asked.    

    "Much. Being unconscious for a month doesn't really do anything good. My muscles refused to work properly for a while. I kept falling and people had to keep me up on their shoulders. I was more of a burden than usual," I said with a laugh.

    Draco smiled and shook his head slightly. I yawned and leaned against the table. Draco put his arm around me and pulled me so I was leaning against him. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I must've dozed off because I jerked awake at the sound of the bell. I realized I was still resting against Draco and sat up. I smiled at him in a slightly embarrassed way. Draco smiled back as the rest of the class started to file in. Harry came right up to Draco and frowned.

    "What are you doing next to my sister? Alone. In a classroom. Before class," Harry asked, folding his arms.

    I groaned and put my face in my hands, exasperated. Draco frowned at Harry and stood up. He walked off and Harry sat next to me. I sighed, knowing he was going to bombard me with questions.    

    "Before you ask anything, no, he didn't do anything. No, I don't have feelings for him other than friendship. No, you don't have to worry about me at all. Yes, I am sure I can handle myself around him. Yes, if he tries anything, I will punch him into next week. Relax," I said, somehow guessing all the questions he would ask me correctly.

    "How did you know the answers to the questions I didn't even ask yet?" Harry asked.

    "I dunno," I answered, resting my head on the table.

    I sat up when the door banged open. Severus came in and set the class to work. Harry and I were the first ones finished and got extra points for that. I set to work on a very difficult potion: Felix Felicis or Liquid Luck. We had a lot of time left, and I decided to make it. Within the right amount of time, I managed to make the tricky little potion. I raised my hand and Severus came over.

    "Severus, I think I have made Liquid Luck. Is it done correctly?" I asked.

    Severus didn't answer. He just looked at the potion and then at me. A smile formed on his lips as he watched me.

    "You have successfully made Liquid Luck. Use it well," he said with a smile. "And one hundred points for it. Did your brother help?"

    "Yes, sir," Harry answered.

    "Ten points to you too," Severus said before walking off.

    "Make that fifty points," I whispered.

    Harry laughed and collected half the potion. I took the other half and managed to put all the vials into my bag without the fear of getting them crushed. I smiled. Now, I had portable luck everywhere I walked. Who knew it was a thing? Luck can follow someone around if you make it correctly. I was surprised that I had made it, actually. I mean, I'm good at Potions but certainly not this good. Maybe I was lucky in making it or I was very talented. I had no clue, but I loved it.