Chapter Two

"Hey can i sit with you guys?" Jake asked walking towards our table in the lunch room.

"Uh yeah sure" I answered confused why he would sit with us when I'm sure one of the populars would be happy to take him in. 

"Thanks" he said smiling at us both while sitting down next to me. I'm not used to this. I only talk to Emily, Andy and Logan at school, well anywhere actually.

Nobody said anything for a while, it was slightly awkward.

"So what classes do you have for the rest of the day Jake?" Em asked him to break the awkward silence that was just at our table.

"English, creative writing, and biology. What do you guys have?" he answered 

"I have the same classes." i said some what quietly.

"Really? Oh cool, you wanna walk together?" he asked casually

"Yeah sure" i tried to sound casual too. 

We threw away our lunches and left the lunchroom.

"So which way to english?" Jake asked me, i didn't realize he was waiting for me to lead the way. Of course i would need to, he doesn't know the school.

"This way" I said looking up at him for a second only to find him watching me intently again.

"Don't take this the wrong way but you don't like to talk much? Or is it just that you don't like talking to me?" Jake asked

"What?" i don't know how to respond to him. I don't like people at my school. They're all rude? I cant say that.

Jake was just looking at me waiting for me to answer him.

"Uh... I just don't like the people at this school, most of them are rude and selfish." i answered not looking at him

"Oh, Okay. Good to know its not me you don't like then." He laughed. This kid is alright i decided silently. 

"No its not you at all." I said smiling at him for the first time.

"I like your smile" He said shyly.

"Oh. Thank you" i said quietly.

"This is it." i said as we walked into the class room.

"Can we sit together? I don't know anybody. Ha ha" he asked 

"Yeah, Okay." i said secretly happy he asked me to sit by him.

The teacher started talking but all i could think about was what he told me in the hall. He liked my smile. Nobody has ever said something like that to me. I really liked it. I'm glad he didn't think i was ugly and weird like every other guy at this school. That's why i gave up on liking the guys from my school.

"Brie, is there something you would like to share with the class that is so important to think about while im teaching?" the teacher scolded

"No." i said looking down. I hated when i got attention from a group of people. 

"Alright then."

***

"Where to next?" Jake asked when the bell rang, throwing his arm over my shoulder. Yeah i could defiantly get used to this.

"Creative writing is this way" i said pointing down the hall.

I got a few glares from girls in the hallway, which i didn't understand until i remember that I'm walking with Jake. All the girls have had their eyes on him and he picked me to talk to. I don't know what to make of that.

"Why are all those girls glaring at you?" He wondered aloud. Its like he read my mind.

"They all think your hot so they hate me for being near you and talking to you. But watch out. When i say they think your hot i mean just that. They care about nothing else. They're selfish and will hurt you." I explained. Oh god, i cant believe i told him all that. What is wrong with me!?

"Ohh?" he smirked, he looked genuinely surprised to hear that. 

"Yes." i said with a smile creeping on my lips.

"And what do you think about that?" he looked like he actually cared.

"I think that they need to stop. If they want to get to know you that's different. But if they only think about you because they think your attractive then they need to rethink things. Its kind of rude if you think about it. They wont even come up and talk to you they just stare at you. Wouldn't you rather them talk to you?" i explained

He smirked "Is that so? Well i don't want them to talk to me. They can stare all they want. I don't want to talk to them. I'm perfectly happy talking to you and Emily." He told me.

"Oh. Well okay. Good." i said sheepishly

"Shall we go?" He said smiling down at me wrapping his arm into mine as we walked the rest of the way down to our class. 

"We shall." i said smiling back at him. 

***

"You'll never guess what happened today." I told Emily once we were in her car on the way home.

"Then tell me." she said laughing at my excitement.

"Jake made me talk to him. Well he didn't make me. I wanted to. And it felt good. So good to have someone else that i can trust at school. I mean it feels really good Em." i explained giddily.

"Wow, really? How did he do the impossible?" she joked. I never trust people that's what she means.

"He just.. I don't really even think he did anything. He well told me he liked my smile. I know that sounds cheesy but he said it and i didn't mind. I got a few glares from girls in the hallway and he asked me why. So i told him. Honestly. Then he asked me what i thought. Like he really cared what i thought. So i told him and he laughed. He said he is just fine having me and you to talk to. That he doesn't need all those girls. Its all so surprising to me. Its crazy. Then he wrapped his arm threw mine and we walked down the hall way. It was a great day." I explained with a smile on my face.

"Hm. Well lets see what happens then. He made you trust him. Wow. What-a kid." Em said looking at me intently. She smiled and the rest of the drive we were quiet, deep in thought.

---------------------------------------

What do ya think?

--Sarah (;