Chapter 21. : )

Dedicated to FancyNel, because she trusted me to fix her broken heart :D Hopefully I did.

As for the rest of  you, my lovely readers ENJOY!

--------------------------------

3years later.

The first few months passed with difficulty for Cherry at least. She missed Dante’s presence, his voice, and his calls, but as promised he didn’t call, allowing Cherry her peace of mind, and growing time. Rhonda and Mike even attended the wedding and upon their return to the Paris, Rhonda outlined all the details to Cherry. The wedding was beautiful, and Dante seemed happy. Jayla was overjoyed especially when she got to run down the aisle spreading flowers all over the ground. Erica seemed ecstatic and the family seemed content and okay with the marriage

Before too long, 8months easily slipped by and Dante tried calling Cherry only to leave a message saying; “Hey Cherry, I miss you. I know you told me to give you some time, but this is hard. I can’t stop thinking about you. Please. Call me?” Cherry never returned the call for fearing that’d she’d hurt their marriage, and break up their family, and Cherry didn’t want Jayla to later hate her for it.

Soon years started flying by and time got ahead of Cherry, and soon 2years passed. Cherry even went to go speak with Dante’s mother to find him once again, but she came to find that Dante’s mother had passed away. Cherry then gave up on finding Dante within the 3rd year. Cherry moved to California when Rhonda and Mike married. Cherry opened up her own hair salon and she now was very well off and doing excellent.

“Hey Rhonda, I miss you. You need to come up here.” Cherry paced herself jogging around the block from her apartment. ,”I told you I was going to next week, you are so impatient.” Cherry laughed. ,”How are you and Mike?” “Were fine, I’m about to make dinner though before he gets home.” “What are you making for dinner?” “Just pasta and breadsticks.” Cherry’s stomach growled as she ran hard into something causing the phone to slip from her grasp

“Cherry?!” Rhonda called out hearing a thud. Cherry rubbed her forehead gently looking up and blushing as she realized she had come face to face with a light pole. Cherry leaned over to reach for her phone, but a hand reached out to pick it up for her. Cherry shook her head, her blush deepened. Damn somebody saw me hit the light pole. Cherry cursed herself before looking up to face the person.

It was a very cute little girl. ,”You dropped your phone,” She gave Cherry a toothy grin. ,”Is your head okay?” “Thank you sweetheart and I’m fine.” A soothing deep tone called over to the young girl. ,“Baby what are doing?” Cherry looked up meeting the eye’s of a very handsome man, they both took a pause staring at each other for a moment. He was very tall, clean shaven, dark honey skin tone. He smiled a friendly smile. ,”Cherry?!” Rhonda called loudly again. Cherry’s eyes widen realizing Rhonda was still on the phone.

“Hey Rhonda, I’m fine. Can I call you back?’ Rhonda paused. ,”You met somebody cute huh?” Cherry looked up to make sure the man standing in front of her couldn’t hear Rhonda through the phone, before she responded. ,”I’ll call you later.” “OH MY GAWD YOU DID!!” Cherry smiled hanging up her cell phone before Rhonda started to ramble.

“Wait.. Cherry?” Cherry looked into the eyes of the man standing in front of her, sweeping his face down with her eyes, he looked familiar. Cherry looked for the beauty mark above his eyebrow, and upon successfully finding it she could no longer control her scream of shock. “Dante!!!?” Cherry’s hands shot up to her mouth and his lips parted in astonishment. “Oh shit! It’s you” Cherry’s eyes instantly filled with tears as he suddenly pulled her into his arms.

 “Dante here is everything you need” Cherry looked passed Dante’s shoulder, to see Erica inching towards them. She still looked the exact same, suddenly feeling out of place Cherry pulled from Dante’s arms. Dante looked worriedly at Cherry nodding at Erica taking the bag of things. Erica looked at Cherry obviously not recognizing her right away, or maybe she just didn’t care.

“I should probably go.” Cherry began to turn but Dante took hold of her arm. ,”No, No, You are not leaving me again.” Cherry snatched her arm away. ,”Dante you know what the drill is.” “Cherry we aren’t together, I’m just picking up Jayla.” Erica instantly rolled her eyes shuffling away. Cherry turned around again to meet Dante’s eyes. ,”You aren’t?” Dante smiled pulling Cherry closer to him, his sweet breath washing against her face. “No.”

Cherry looked up at him. “I can’t believe you cut your hair, it looks nice.” Dante slightly frowned. Cherry gently touched his lips. Dante kissed her fingertips before looking at Jayla, and then at Cherry once more. ,”Can I invite you over?” Cherry frowned. ,”Well I need a shower..” Dante nodded releasing her reluctantly. ,”Do you mind taking a shower at my place?”

Cherry smiled. ,”Dante I will come to your place, just give me a moment to freshen up.” Dante broke into a smile trying to relax. Once Cherry retrieved his address and phone number, she immediately made her way back home, to shower and dress comfortably.

So, who taught you how to cook. Cherry cut into her grilled chicken parmesan, as Dante chuckled. ,”Honestly, Erica taught me.” Cherry nodded, enjoying the savory flavor of the juicy chicken breast. “Mmm, it’s really good Dante.” Dante smiled lightly watching her. ,”Im glad.” Jayla swirled the spoon around in the spaghetti before putting it in her mouth. ,”Daddy is the best cook.”

Dante smiled leaning over to kiss Jayla’s head. ,”Thank you baby.” “I noticed you have quite a house Dante.” Dante began to clear the plates of the table as Jayla ran away upstairs. ,”I supervise 3 of the Johnson Building’s in paris, and another one here in California.” Cherry nodded handing Dante a plate.”Money on legs?” Dante laughed leading Cherry back to the plush beige couch in the living room.

“I really missed you.” Dante sat rather close to Cherry. Cherry smiled studying his eyes. ,”Even after 3years?” Dante nodded. ,”Yeah, I tried calling you the day my mother passed.” Cherry looked away. ,”I’m sorry. I was really working on myself individually and trying to avoid my feelings for you.” Cherry felt his fingers gently lift her chin. ,”Are you done working on yourself?” “Well, besides exercising a little more, yes.” Both Cherry and Dante laughed together. Dante lightly kissed Cherry’s lips. ,”Am I truly yours?” Cherry smiled at Dante. ,”You didn’t really find me Jayla did.” Dante chuckled his face inches away from hers.

“That quote always seems to leave out that, it never states how we are supposed to find one another.” Cherry smiled as his lips gently brushed hers. “Are you mocking me?” Dante smiled as his lips pressed against hers for only a moment.

”No. I’m claiming you.

(END.)

--------------------------------------------------------

Awwe: ) Dante is Bomb.

If you enjoyed this story, and want more just click on my name!