Ch 7: Your Betrothed, sorta

Ava's POV

Gallagher Hall Dormitory. Room D7. Wednesday, September 4th. 7:35am

"Ava come on! You're going to be late for breakfast!" I hear Brynn say softly from above me. I can't see her because my face is currently stuffed in my pillow as I contemplate how my life got to this point.

"I'm not going!" I huff and I feel my bed sink slightly from someone's weight.

"This whole thing is ridiculous! I can't believe T.J would do this to you in the first place. Your life is like an episode from Pretty Little Liars but juicier and I guess less homicidal!" Brynn gushes and I can't help but smile even if Brynn can't see that her statement made an impact.

"Are you serious! Get your ass up St. Xavier!" I hear the door slam against the wall and the clacking of heels, announcing Cecily's presence.

Oh, how fabulous!

"What's her status?" I hear Cecily ask Brynn.

"Um_her status?" Brynn seems confused.

"Oh my god you are such an amateur!" Cecily groans and then I feel my comforter being ripped from me, my bare legs being met by an uncomfortable breeze.

"Well at least you're dressed." Cecily says mainly to herself and I finally decide to show my face as I sit up to face them.

"Yes, I'm dressed. Are you two happy?" I stand up and do a twirl making a bemused Brynn smile.

"So what's with the pouting?" Cecily plops down beside me on the bed and Brynn scoots over to make more room for her.

"Really? I'm being forced to date a junior! What do you mean, what's with the pouting?" I say dramatically and Cecily only rolls her eyes at me.

"Not just a junior. One of the hottest guys in the school. If you ask me you're pouting for nothing."

"I'm being forced to do it though! Brynn help me out here!" I eye Brynn who casually looks down at her hands.

"Cecily may have a point. He's hot. I may have creeped his Instagram last night when you told me what happened."

My jaw drops in shock. Here I was, betrayed by my own friends. What a cruel world high school was.

"Oh calm down Avalon. Carson Baylor's a total catch. He's also not a douche like a certain British lord we know." Cecily adds and usually I would defend T.J but given the circumstances he deserved what he had coming to him.

I sigh knowing that Cecily had a point. I knew Carson a decent amount. I would see him at parties, and sometimes over the summer when he came to visit his friends in the Hamptons. He was always friendly towards me and seemed to be the life of the party but being his arranged girlfriend just felt 'dirty.'

"He wants her to meet him in his room before homeroom today." Brynn finally informs Cecily of the cause of my meltdown and her mouth forms an 'O' shape in recognition.

"Well going to the guys' dorm is always a 'smelly' adventure but it's not something you're unaccustomed to." Cecily jokes making Brynn raise a brow at me amused.

"Oh shut it Havenport! I'm going no thanks to your words of enthusiasm." I announce standing up and straightening my skirt so it covered just the right amount of leg.

Cecily smirks as she jumps off my bed. "Well my job here is done. I'm heading to the Busy Bean. Brit, you're more than welcome to join."

Brynn gives me a questioning look, almost to ask if it's okay if she goes.