Chapter Two- A Moment Like This

“Come now dear,” said Mr. Hutchins in his smooth, chocolaty voice.

“He’s so snakelike,” I thought, “he’s sly and sneaky, trying to take me away from my family. I don’t even know what this is about.”

“What is this about,” I mused aloud.

“Hun,” Dad began. He never called me Hun. This is really bad.

“Hun,” He restarted, “Can I talk to you alone for a minute?”

“Uh… sure Dad.”

We walked out of the room, and went into my bedroom. Finally I had had enough. I literally exploded. So did my Dad. The only difference between us was that I exploded with anger and he exploded with tears. It was as if he had been holding tears back for years and now he was letting them out.

“What is going on here?!”I half yelled, half asked my dad. Just then Dad burst into tears. I had never seen a grown man, let alone my father cry.

“Hun,” he sobbed, “Mr. Hutchins raised the rent on our house and property.”

“Ya well… so what?” I said

“Well…we… we have to sell you.”

“You have to WHAT?!”I yelled.

“WE HAVE TO SELL YOU DAMMIT!! IT’S NOT LIKE WE WANT TO! YOU’RE OUR ONLY DAUGHTER! DON’T YOU GET IT? THAT’S WHY YOUR MOTHER WAS BAWLING HER EYES OUT! THAT’S WHY I’ M CRYING DAMMIT!” Now my Dad was having a fit and I was going into shock. I’m really sorry to say this but I passed out, fainted, whatever you want to call it I did it. Turns out that was the worst possible thing that I could do other than going willingly with Mr. Hutchins. Great.