The Clown

And a bit away from Katherine was a clown.

She could feel her heart pounding. She couldn't believe what was in front of her. A clown which seemed staring at her, which was scarier than the scariest nightmare.

"There is no one except 4 of us in this house. This.. this cannot be what i am thinking. Stop over thinking Kat, this is nothing."

She closed her eyes for a few seconds hoping that it was just an imagination and would go away once she opens her eyes. But as she opened her eyes, it got closer. She wanted to run away but it seemed as if someone had glued her feet to the floor. She couldn't move an inch.

Tik tok tik tok..

She was already scared and these foot steps added to her fear. Although Katherine was a brave girl but somehow all this was too eerie for her to take on the the first night at a new house in a new town. She was scared to turn but she gathered some courage and turned behind to see what it was.

"Why are you here Katherine?"

She was relieved to here Casper's voice. But she turned again to see the clown. It was gone. She started sweating.

"What happened Katherine, why are you so scared? Did you see something?"

For a few seconds she couldn't utter a single word but then she finally said, "I saw a clown there.. It was there. And now it is gone. What was it?"

"Calm down Katherine." Casper tried to calm Katherine and led her to her room. He made her sit on her bed and began, "Kat, you are tired. Maybe you are imagining things. I think sleep will fix this all."

Katherine was too scared to say or think anything. But Casper's words made her think that he was right. Maybe she was too tired. So she nodded. She tried to sleep and Casper walked to his room. He switched off the lights of Katherine's room and confirmed that she was asleep.

Next morning..

Katherine and Casper joined Myra and Eric for the breakfast.

"Hope you both got a nice sleep last night", Myra said while pouring some juice in her glass.

"Ya, wonderful." Katherine said with a doubtful look.

"So are you going to your college today, Katherine?", Casper wanted to confirm.

"No Casper, I'll join from tomorrow. I think I need a break for today."

"That's fine." Casper patted her.

"Ya sure Katherine. You can join me from tomorrow", Myra said giving her a cup of coffee.

"Thank you."

In about an hour, everyone left for their work and Katherine was left alone in the huge house!