Confessions of a Mad Girl

Text Copyright ©Cristelle Mae Gille ™ 2014

Prologue

I hear whispers from everyone as I walked out of the court room.

“She killed her family. She didn’t even spare their puppy.”

“She burned them!”

“She’s crazy!”

“She’s a lunatic!”

“She should be locked up in an asylum!”

Those people doesn’t know a thing of what really happened. They’re just assuming things and they don’t have any proof. If I could just remember what really happened then I can prove them wrong. Why did I have to forget what really happened in that frightful night. What started the fire that killed my family that I don’t know.

Everything since I was born, I remember. But that specific moment, I can’t. That’s why I can’t defend myself against the court.

They are accusing me of murder. They said that I burned my own family and it’s not that I can’t remember what happened in that moment. I just won’t confess what I have done. The judge has arranged to send me to a juvenile facility just outside town. He said that I should spend my remaining years there until I am eighteen.

Those damn people have no idea.

Someone must have framed me. Someone who has a grudge against me.

They must have hated me so much that they are willing to take everything from me. My family, my house, my childhood, my life, my freedom…my sanity.

I woke up out on our yard the night of the fire. I saw our house burning and heard my family screaming in agony. I started crying. The neighbourhood had already called the ambulance and firemen to put off the fire. They found me laying on the ground crying my heart out. Calling for my family. Then I blacked out.

The next thing I remember is waking up on a hospital bed with machines connected to my arms. Beeping sounds are heard. Then there was someone standing in front of the door. It was a police man.

After I have recovered and interrogated by the investigators. They accused me of murdering my own family. And I hate that I can’t remember a thing that has happened. I cursed my unlucky life. Why does this have to happen to me? Millions of people living in this damned world and thing accident happened to me. To me.

I was an obedient girl. I loved my parents. I loved even my annoying sister. I have straight A’s in class. I don’t skip. I pray. I even have a boyfriend even at thirteen. I loved him too. Jake was his name.

We were childhood friends and he was our neighbour. Now he looks at me with disgust clear in his face. He was worried about me at first. Visiting me in the hospital, bringing my favourite flower, red roses. But after the judge’s verdict on me was revealed, he avoided me like I was a plague.

Then there’s my best friend Clarissa.

I know she really worries about me but her parents forbid her from seeing me when I was held. She too visited me in the hospital at first but due to the judge’s verdict which her parents heard, they told her to stop seeing me anymore. Told her I was a bad influence for her.

She sent me a letter explaining her situation. She said that she was sorry if she couldn’t see me anymore. At least she said that she still cares for me and worries for my wellbeing. At least she’s not like Jake who abandoned me the moment I was entitled “crazy girl”.

Now here I am. On my way to the juvenile facility outside town. These five years I will spend in that prison, I will be planning everything I will do when I get back. I swore on my family’s grave before I was taken that I will find whoever did this to us.

I will show people the truth.

They called me the “mad girl”.

Let them wait. The moment I come back is the moment that I will show them what this “mad girl” can do.

This is my 4th story on Wattpad.

I can’t stop myself from writing this for this I really like this idea. It’s been bugging me for a while and my hand are itching to write this and tell this to you people. Hope you all like this..

Current cover by @loulucybear

Please give me comments/suggestions/advices on this story of mine.

Enjoy reading!!

~Scyrenne