Looking Behind His Bifocals

DISCLAIMER: There may be errors (e.g. grammar, tenses, etc). Also, I rewrote this and made some changes :) <3

[1-13-17 Also, special thanks to dysanic for another beautiful cover (yet again). Gorgeous photo-editing and manipulation skills I could never possess. I absolutely love it. ]

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This story "Looking Behind His Bifocals" is copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.   

—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—♥—

Mr. Vix questions, "How many of you either started or finished the first reading yet?"

Lou Hunning raises his hand, not even noticing that his hand is the only one up.

"No one else has read at all?" he asks, sighing in agitation.

Derek Fern exhales indignantly, "You told us the first reading was due in a couple days."

"The first reading is due tomorrow, Derek," Mr. Vix groans.

Derek's expression transitions from agitation to shock. He pulls out the sheet and examines it in a panic. "I thought the first reading was due on Thursday, not Tuesday."

Mr. Vix announces, "Anyone that read gets extra credit."

Derek scowls Lou's way. "He's a freaking nerd! Of course he started reading!"

Several agree, "Yeah!"

"Finished," Mr. Vix corrects, "He finished reading."

"How do you know if he really finished? He could be lying," Blaine Penn accuses, throwing an unfair glance Lou's way.

Lou slowly lowers his hand and avoids the glares from his classmates.

Mr. Vix's eyes land on Lou. "Lou, tell the class how far you read and give a brief summary."

"I read it all," Lou states, adjusting his bifocals. "Do you want me to summarize it altogether as a whole or just the first reading from chapters one to five?"

Mr. Vix smiles at him. "Just the first reading," he remarks, "You wouldn't want to spoil the ending for everyone else, Lou."

Lou eagerly responds, "In chapter one, Timothy runs away from home, because his parents forgot his birthday for a third year in a row. Before he ran away, he wrote a letter to them, explaining his sudden desire to flee then he also packed snacks with him, along with his clothes, lastly, he pulled out his $985.79 from his mattress that he's saved up for eight years. In chapter two, he decides to take a train out of town and arriving to the new area, he makes himself comfortable in an abandoned building, unpacking all of his packed belongings. Along the way, he makes a new friend named Solomon. They met each other in a store, after Solomon overheard Timothy arguing with the cashier. To Timothy's misfortune, he'd forgotten his money back at the abandoned building, so he didn't have any money to buy water and fruits. Solomon offered to pay for the item but Timothy refused to accept it and stormed out of the store. Solomon, being concerned, followed him, trying to get an explanation, but Timothy wouldn't budge. Before they both knew it, they were in front of the abandoned building and Timothy told him that he could leave, but Solomon grew curious and asked him why he was there—"