Chapter 23

(Leon's pov)

After the hot chocolate, she offered for me to use one of the many spare bedrooms for the night. Unfortunately I had to decline as I knew I had a 'date' with Luke the next day.

We walked to her door to say our goodbyes.

Maybe me going in for a kiss was moving way to fast. And yes it was a crazy thing to do and I'm not sure where the guts came from but yeah.

"Ummm Nattlie, listen, I really like you and I wanna take you out on a date. I'm sorry about me trying to kiss you and it won't happen again. Please just give me the chance to prove my feelings to you... the right way."

I've never in all my life said that I liked a girl to her face. My heart was beating and her shocked face wasn't helping.

She smiled and came close to me. I got really scared. If she touched my body I'm pretty sure she would feel my heart trying to break free from my chest.

She stood on her toes and pulled me closer by the shirt. I closed my eyes not sure what to do and she places a gentle kiss on my cheek then backed away again.

I stood there smiling.

"Yes Leon I would love to" said Nattlie with a soft sweet voice.

That's all I thought about on my way home and till I fell asleep.

But like I said. I'm now sitting playing chess after spending the day with Luke and I still feel like the happiest person on earth.

(Nattlie's pov)

I really had fun when Leon took me to Familia And Amore a few nights back after the dance.

I had what some call a break down but after talking to Isabella I felt much better.

I spoke to her about my past, who my real father is and falling for Leon. I told her I wanted to be with Leon but that I  scared. He's such a great guy and the more I fall for him the more I fear that one day he won't catch me.

I feel I can trust him with the stories of my past but I don't think he would want to know the bad sides to it. He's a good christian and a real one. Not like some people who claim to be yet sin none stop. If I had to tell him it would ruin his goodness and I couldn't do that to him.

Isabella told me she could see he likes me and that brought a sudden joy. She spoke about the funny things he did as a child as well. She told me that he is new to the town but that the restaurant moved here two years back.

Antonio and Isabella use to live next door to Leon and his family. They had no children but were more than happy to adopt Luke and Leon as their own grandchildren.

She told me about the time when they had a little pond in her back yard and one day Luke found tadpoles in it while searching for gold. Leon thought the water was too cold for them so he asked Luke to help him catch the tadpoles and put them in her drier. Before they could turn it on Luke and Leon were called back home and never told Isabella about the relocation of their little friends. The next day after drying a load of clothing Isabella called the boys over and made them hand wash the load and clean out her drier. They tried to explain why they did it but Isabella didn't find it cute at the time.

I couldn't help but laugh. Leon had a kind heart from a young age and I could see Luke also had a keen eye and knew what he wanted.

The story got me in a good mood and soon we walked out to join Leon and Antonio.

Now you as the reader might be wondering 'oh Nattlie just tell us the story of who your real dad is' but I'm sorry, it's still too painful to talk about. Only four people know the truth. My mom, the man I now call dad, myself and now Isabella. I didn't mean to tell her it just came out and before I knew it, she knew everything.

"Natts...Nattlie... Hey!" Said Beths voice, shaking my hand. "Earth to Natts. Where are you?"

I forgot I am out with Beth for a coffee. "I'm here I'm here. Sorry my mind has just been a bit busy" I said coming back to reality.

"Ok well as I was saying... I'm super sorry for stealing Luke but we sort of a thing now. It's for the best though. You all goody good girl now and Luke needs someone who can put him in his place, keep him on his toes and keep him happy... if you know what I mean" said Beth seductively, giving me a little wink.

In the past I would get mad at this but I'm so over it all. She can have Luke I have no interest in him. Never have and never will.

"I'm happy for you. You two are a lot alike" I said with a smile.

"Well duh... but we not a thing thing yet. You know we having fun but people don't know we dating yet. We keeping it secret. So please don't tell" said Beth rambling everything out.

I pretended to zip my lips and hand her the key. She laughed when taking it and pretending to put it in her pocket.

"Listen I have to go but we will talk later... I feel as if we not spending as much time as we use to and that has to be fixed. Wanna maybe get together Friday night for a little girls night out?" Asked Beth while standing up, placing the money she owes for her coffee on the table and grabbing the rest of her things.

"Oh Ummm this Friday night? I ah can't. I'm going on a date with someone." I said feeling my cheeks turn a cherry red.

"Oooh girl listen I wanna stay and find out the dirty little details but I have ish to do so I'll call you later? Alright love you bye" said Beth running quickly to her car.

I wanted to tell her who but I don't think she would understand.