Chapter 1

So this is just a little something I've been writing lately. I guess we'll see how this one turns out!! 

Thanks :)

It’s been over a year since I’ve been here. I remember the last time I saw him before his life was taken away and it’s my entire fault. It was as much my fault then as it is now.

***

“How could you do this to me?!” I screamed as hot tears ran down my face. His face didn’t show much emotion and I hated that.

“Baby, I’m sorry. I never meant for this to happen! I love you, Chloe!”

“You never meant for this to happen because you never thought you’d get caught! How can you stand there and say you love me?! You don’t know shit about love, Brandon!” he came closer to me but I pushed him away before I melt into his warm grasp.

“Baby, please let me explain.”

“What is there to explain, Brandon?! You cheated! You cheated on me with her! Of all people you could’ve slept with it had to be her!”

“Chlo, please. I need to explain this to you. Baby, I love you. Please don’t do this.” I saw hurt and regret in his eyes but I didn’t care. I could care less about how he feels. All I care about is how I feel.

“No, Brandon, no! I’m done, I’m so fucking done! We are through! It’s over!” I yell with venom in my voice.

“Chlo-”

“Save it, Brandon. Why don’t you go run off to that slut I once used to call my best friend!” I had so much furry in my voice I thought I might punch him in the face. He moved closer to me and I just stood there motionless.

“I never meant for this to happen to us. She forced herself on me.” There was sadness and hurt in his eyes but I didn’t know who or what to believe at this point. I sighed slowly and closed my eyes and then reopened them.

“I know you didn’t, B,” I say more calmly. “But it’s still over. Maybe one day I’ll forgive you.”

“Chloe-”

“I think you should go.” I moved toward my front door and opened it for him to leave. He looked at me even more sadly than before if that was at all possible. He was halfway out the door when he stopped and looked at me one last time.

“I will love you forever no matter what, Chloe. You will always be my first real love and my everything.”

“Goodbye, Brandon.” I say before closing the door in his face. I feel to the floor with my back sliding against the door. I pulled my legs into my chest and put my head in my hands and sobbed. After being with him for 3 years this is how he treats me?! I will never forget this!

          I heard him start his engine and leave my driveway. It wasn’t long before I heard him drive down the street but then suddenly I heard an enormous crash and a bang. My eyes shut open as I opened the door and ran outside to see what happened. I ran down the street to see Brandon’s car collided with another and my heart stopped beating. I called 911 and I saw my life flash before my eyes as I cried for him knowing what possibly had happened

Brandon was killed in a car crash and it was my fault. It was my fault that I left things the way that I did, how I never really let him explain what happened between him and Lucy, and how I never said ‘I love you’ before he drove away and before his life ended unexpectedly. When the EMT’s got to the scene, Brandon had already passed. When the EMT’s got Brandon out of the car his hands were in fists and there was blood all over him. I crouched down next to him as I cried into the crook of his neck. As I touched his hands I noticed he was holding something. Inside his fists was a folded up picture of him and I and I started bailing my eyes out. I ran away and didn’t have time to think of where I was even going. I just started running. It wasn’t until I stopped that I noticed that I was at the place where Brandon took me when he kissed me for the very first time. It was a little lake and near the lake was a huge rock. I stood in front of the lake and held the picture to my chest as I sobbed lightly.