Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Who the fuck is in my bunk?" A Russian voice boomed. Piper flinched at the sudden harsh tone, she was so used to being in her own room, isolated from everyone and everything. She shifted her body so she was now facing an angry looking Russian.

Piper's back was pressed up against the wall, "Hi Red" Piper said, there was little to no excitement in her voice. Red's anger was replaced with shock and confusion, Piper was getting used to the sudden shock expressions on her fellow inmates.

"Chapman" Red said as she walked over to the thin girl. "What're you doing here?", Piper assumed that Red was one of the people who thought that she had gotten out early.

"I got transferred here. I guess MAX got sick of me and sent me right back here" Piper said sarcastically. She moved her body into a sitting position, her back was now pressing against the brick wall.

"You were sent to MAX?" Red asked with shock, she didn't under how someone like Chapman could survive in a maximum facility if she could barely survive here.

"I'm just as surprised" Piper replied, she didn't think Red appreciated her sarcasm but she wasn't here to make friends. She wasn't going to try and 'win' prison. She was going to keep her head low, serve her time, and get the fuck out of here.

Red gave her a suspicious look and Piper wasn't quite sure how to respond to this, does she give her a smile? A small yet fake laugh that suggests how awkward this stare down was, "Does Vause know you're here?". Piper flinched at the question, she wasn't sure why she did, questions like this were simple, it shouldn't affect her, yet questions about Alex made her heart beat faster.

Piper looked down at her hands and fiddled with her thumb, "No", her response came out soft and she could feel Red's stare. Although, she couldn't tell if it was a judgemental stare or a sympathetic stare.

The 2 fell into an uncomfortable silence with Red still staring at her. Piper felt as though she was being analysed, she bit the inside of her cheek as she thought about asking a question that could make her feel things again. It was so much easier to act like a complete bitch then confront her true feelings, "How is she?"

Piper wasn't sure if Red had even heard her. Red raised her eyebrow at the petite girl, she has been looking at how thin the girl had looked. She has been trying to figure out how Piper could survive in Maximum Facility.

"Good as anyone can be in prison" Red's relationship with Alex was...complicated. At first, they didn't get along but after Alex had helped Nicky get clean again, their relationship has grown somewhat stronger. Red would go as far to say that Alex was family. "Vause is stubborn yet strong and independent. She's going through her own shit though, she doesn't need someone to add more shit to her fuck load of crap"

Red sounded genuinely concerned about Alex, Piper felt relieved that Alex wasn't alone in this hell hole but she wasn't sure how to react to Red's passive-aggressive threat. Despite her threat, she was concerned about Alex, what kind of crap did Alex get into?

"Like I said, I'm here to serve my time. That's it", Piper's voice was firm. Red gave her another weird look. She was probably surprised to hear Piper speak with no hidden agenda, she was even more surprised that Piper wasn't arguing back.

"You look thin" Red stated it as fact, she didn't like how thin this girl looked. It made her look sick. "I assume you remember the kitchen is, yes?"

Piper nodded her head in response, "Wash up, take a shower and Lunch is an hour". Red said before leaving her alone in the cubicle. Piper had a small smile, she hadn't had a proper conversation with anyone besides Lorna. Lichfield was most definitely more chatty than maximum prison.