Blending In

〜・~・~ Blending In 〜・~・~

Lilac began to move his tiny paws. His paws glided through the air swiftly like the movements of a flowing river. Lilac then closed his eyes and breathed in and out. Then suddenly, a spark came and light was bursting out of his little creature body. The light was so bright, I even had to cover my eyes. They couldn't handle the brightness. Once I moved my hand out of the way, I saw a boy. About my age. His hair was blue, while the tips were pink. He wasn't all that furry any more and had actual HUMAN skin. He might actually be part human part creature. His ears became smaller and his tail suddenly disappeared. He was also wearing a pink shirt with blue shorts and pink shoes.

"How do I look?" I looked at him. Examining him. He looked pretty different. Our heights were almost the same. "Is something wrong?" He started blushing.

"Oh! Nothing. You look alright! Let's go now, shall we?"

"Of course!" He smiled and stopped blushing. I grabbed my book bag I left earlier near the hole I fell in. Hopefully my uncle didn't noticed or he will know I was there.

We were both at the hole. "Okay, time to experience the time of my life!" Lilac exclaimed. He tried to get out of the caverns, but the hole for the exit was on the ceiling high above. "Oh great! Another problem!"

I kept on staring, when I got an idea.

"I got an i-" both of us said. We both stared at each other when we said that.

"You go first..." Lilac replied. He glanced down at the ground and then looked up at me.

"Alright. Why won't you use your magic and-"

"I can't."

"Huh, why not?"

"Transforming into a human uses up a ton of my magical energy. I need more food!"

"Food?! Well, uh...." I took my book bag and dived in trying to find some leftover snacks I still have from lunch. Then I found mummy granola bar. I took the bar out and handed it to him. "Here, eat this. It might not be a lot, but hey, you might regain some energy."

"Sweet!" He took my granola bar right out of my hand and tried to open it, but sadly he failed. "How do you use hands again?!" Lilac seemed so cute when he struggled on doing something. Hopefully he didn't "read my mind" again. That would've been EMBARRASSING.

"Hey, I'll help you open it." He gave me the granola bar back. It felt kind of weird touching a boy's hand. I started opening it while Lilac was staring at me doing it closely. He seemed so clueless! "Here," I gave the granola bar back. I was planning to eat that when I would come home. But he needed it most even if I was starving.

"Thanks," he smiled at me and started chewing. "You know, it feels weird being a human again. Even though I'm part human and part creature, it doesn't feel like I'm part human." We were sitting on the ground next to some crystal shards. I avoided touching them since they seemed sharp. Like a knife. He continued to eat and it was kind of strange sitting near to a boy that looks like he is the same age as me. At school, I mostly sit next to Kia. We usually talk about random topics and Kia is always thinking about "rainbows" and "sparkles" and all that other colorful stuff. Sometimes, I just don't understand her well. But, slowly, I think I'm getting to get to know her.

"Finally! I finished! I feel all better!" He stood up. His hand looked like it was into a fist as if he was holding something, but if could be the wrapper of the granola bar.

"So... Whatcha gonna do to get us out?"

"Oh... I'm not sure yet. I know many tricks and all that stuff.... But hmm... That is one tricky question..." I sighed and almost face palmed, but I told myself not to multiple times. I got up from the ground sparkling because of the crystal bits and shards and began to stretch. "Aha! I got it!"