Chapter 1

"Emma, get up! Wouldn't want to be late for your first day of school!" My mother yelled.

"Five more minutes," I mumbled.

"Em, don't make me come up there," she threatened.

I bolted out of bed. "I'm up!" Quickly, I got in the shower and turned the water on freezing cold to wake me up. Ah, I thought to myself, works better than caffeine. I put on my Ivy Academy uniform. The school board there is pretty lenient about the uniforms. I slipped on some bracelets, brushed my hair and headed downstairs. I caught my reflection in the mirror in the hall. While I wasn't the shortest person in my grade, there were people who were taller than me. My hair passed my shoulders, and was dark brown and wavy. My eyes matched my hair - dark brown. Not very satisfied, but with nothing I could do about it, I proceeded downstairs to eat breakfast.

I tried to shove as much as my breakfast down my throat as I could. I get hungry very quickly, so a big breakfast is a must. First day jitters, however, made it impossible. My phone buzzed in my bag on the ground beside me. I dug through my bag, and finally found it - it being my white iPhone 4S. That was a year of saving birthday money, Christmas money, and multiple paychecks. I loved it.

I unlocked my phone. There was a message from my best friend Sydney. It read: Good morning sleepyhead! Are you nervous?

I half smiled, half grimaced before replying: As always. You? :)

I wasn't the most popular person in school. Actually, I avoided the popular crowd. So of course I was nervous!

Her reply came less than a minute later: Never! ;)

I smiled to myself. I had known Sydney since we were six. She was the most confident and outgoing person I knew. There was no way she'd be nervous about the first day of school!

My thoughts were interrupted by my mom's voice saying, "Emma dear, get in the car!"

"Alright, coming Mom!" I grabbed my luggage and ran out the door, passing my car on the way to my mom's car. It was a first day tradition for my mom to drive me to school on the first day. After, that I would be going home on the first weekend off to drive my car up to the school, so I could get around town. I loved my car. It was a cherry red 2007 Toyota Camry. I had gotten it for my birthday last year. I helped pay for a little of it though. I couldn't bear to let my parents pay for the whole thing. After all, they were already covering the cost of my insurance.

The car ride to my school was very uneventful. The radio was on, and the air conditioning. My mom and I made light conversation as we drove to school, thirty minutes away from my house. Of course, if I went home at the end of every school day, that would be pointless. But my school - Ivy Academy - was a private boarding school. And it was expensive. Most people automatically think I'm rich and snobby when they find out I go to a private boarding school. But I'm not rich. I live in a comfy middle class family. My mom and I paid for half of my tuition. The other half was paid by the headmistress...my grandmother. She runs the school, and that's half of why I feel comfortable living there all year. The other half is because I convinced my best friend Sydney, and my brother Blake to go too. Blake was already at the academy. He went a week earlier to help our grandmother with some work. Sydney is my roommate there.

Our conversation stopped as we approached the wrought iron gates came into view.

End of chapter 1!! I hope it was long enough for you guys.. (: Let me know in the comments if you want me to continue it.