-01- I Think I Love You... But You Kind of Scare me

The darkly tinted windows of the Mercedes was making me feel all the more claustrophobic. The silence in the car was almost deafening too. Jack had fallen asleep and Kane had opened a book and began reading so I had not much to preoccupy myself with.

The book was in Latin, I think, so I couldn't read over his shoulder or anything. It looked a bit like ancient sorcery from the obscure pictures it was equipped with. They were rather gruesome and seemed to play out a spell of sorts. I shook the thought out of my head, why would this regular guy practise that sort of stuff? I figured it was just a storybook of sorts.

"You'll start learning Latin too," Kan said suddenly, closing the book. It seemed to quiver in his hands. I stared at it, and then removed my gaze and looked at him.

"Are you serious?" I was starting to freak out. I was so bad at learning languages, I always just passed because I had a great French whiz like Cloe Nichols to guide me.

"It's really easy," Kane reasoned, but that annoying amused look had appeared on his face again. "Really, it is."

"Hmm that's what everyone said about French," I muttered, frowning.

"Not long to go now," said Kane, ignoring my comment about French and peering out the window. We'd driven to the edge of a dark forest. The trees were all dead with not a single leaf to spare on them. They twisted to the sky like hands reaching for something, hands with fingers like claws and the color of charcoal. The car was travelling fast up a steep, winding embankment, the scenery now molding into one as the car sped up.

Waita second what are all those weird flashing lights? All pink and orange and red and yellow...

"Look away!" Yelled Kane, grabbing my head and pulling it towards him, his eyes closed tightly. I did the same, and at the same time feeling my stomach flip over and do a few somersaults. The car felt like it was actually flipping upside down, around and around and back again! Like the one rollercoaster I'd been on when I was little.

I'd thrown up afterwards.

As the car came to an abrupt halt, I felt Kane shift next to me.

"Are you ok?" he asked, his green eyes concerned. "I remember my first time, I didn't get over it for days and I had to be excused for 12 of my class introductions."

12 classes?! So there were more then 12 different classes we had to do? This was going to be hell.

"Don't worry!" he assured me, and I noticed his tone was slightly mocking, "It's only 14 classes, and two of them are Homeroom and Homework room,"

"Do we get any free time off?" I asked, feeling a bit exhasperated, after all it was a new school; I was obliged to be scared.

"Weekends and...yeah we get 3 free periods off," I sighed in relief, "So do we get out now?"

The car bobbed as the boot flew open and we heard the sound of the adolescent boy retrieving our luggage.

"Yeah, but do you mind waking Jack up? He gets in a right state when I try. You're pretty, he's girl crazy; he won't yell at you," Kane reached over and opened the door, slid over in front of me and climbed out.

I blushed, all these comments about my looks were making me freak out. I slid myself over so I was next to Jack. His head was leaning against the car door and he was omitting heavy breathes. I didn't know how to wake a guy, I hadn't done it before. Living as a half-only child, I hadn't encountered many guys and before I'd gone to an all girl private school.

"Uhm," I muttered, shaking Jack uneasily, "Wake up Jack?"

He stayed as still as before, not even stirring slightly. I gave an exhasperated sigh, shaking him more urgently now.