• 1 •

It was like any other day in William B. Travis Prep, a normal school day, and everybody thinking this one would go by like clockwork. Little did Summer Hathaway know this one would be so intricate, after that one night in the lock-in, she knew INSTANTLY that Asher liked her. The problem was, she didn't like him back, at all.

* * * Flashback * * *

     It was perfect night up that rooftop, a bloodmoon showing, an eclipse was occurring. There they were, Summer and Asher marvelling at the bloodmoon, Asher falling in love with Summer second by second. Freddy just left, heartbroken by what he witnessed. Minutes later Asher confessed something to Summer, something he's been keeping inside his chest ever since he transferred here at William Travis B. Prep.

  "Summer, can I tell you something? And, promise me after this we'd still stay friends?"

  "Yeah. Of course."

  "I.. I like you. The day I walked into this school, my first glance at you, I instantly fell. I know it's pretty sappy but, it's the truth.. I'm not expecting for you to feel the same way. I just wanted to clear that off my chest."

Summer stood right where she was, jaw-dropped, blushing, and speechless.

  "I.. I.." She tried forming words, but failed. She took three deep breaths and finally spoke normally again. "You.. *ahem* like.. me?" She said, not sounding convinced and really felt like she needs to get out of this situation right now. A lot of thoughts were running around her head, like: she told Tomika she didn't have a crush on Freddy anymore, but she's still not fully decided and convinced if she meant that, if she did move on. She's still keeping Freddy's photo with her. Carrying it everywhere she goes. And now, Asher's giving her a chance, a new portal leading to a new start, she wants to start over so bad, but something is still pulling her back. She wants to set free from this strong force, but Summer knows she can't let go of whatever it is. A vision of Freddy talking to her flashed in her mind, then decided to reject Asher's portal, and still holding tightly of the force that's telling her to stay with Freddy.

  "I.. I'm sorry Asher. Yes, we're still friends. But unfortunately, I don't like you back. I'm -- really -- sorry." She said, running off going to her classroom where she slept beside Tomika, her last thoughts before going to sleep was: she was about to kiss Freddy.

* * * Present Time * * *

      Now, she got news that Freddy and Kale broke up. She was  quite happy about this, but sad about it as well. Her mind was racing with thoughts that stated: 'How is Freddy? I hope he's okay. I hope he moves on.. I hope he chooses me this time..' She went over to Freddy who was in front of his locker, looking like his dreams have been crushed. Summer thought he was devastated because of his break-up with Kale, little did she know, his sadness was because he thought Summer liked Asher.

  "Hey.. Freddy.." Summer's voice was now trembling, with excitement, joy, nervousness, and comfort.

  "Hey Summer." Freddy's voice was calm, but still looking depressed.

  "How are you holding up? Are you.. okay?"

  "I'm quite happy that I broke up with Kale, actually."

  "What? Then, what's bothering you?" Summer was shocked to hear this, but still hiding her joy.

  "Nothing. Just something I saw.." Freddy said, Summer gave him a puzzled look, he knew she was suspicious so he quickly replied with, "Saw and came across the internet, an article I read." He lied, looking nervous, guilty. But Summer didn't notice it.

  "Okay.. So, you're okay?"

  "Yeah."

  "You're sure?"

  "Yeah. Well, as long as you're here."

  "What?" Summer said. Clearly, she heard what he said.

  "..As long as you guys are here.. You know.. *whispers* School Of Rock.." He snapped.

  "Ahh.. Got'cha." Summer was getting the hint that Freddy likes her, that he's flirting with her.. This got her overexcited but was able to hide it. Now, she was quite curious, she wanted to slowly expose Freddy.

  "So, do you wanna walk to class with me?" asked Summer, feeling giddy about it but still acting casual.

  "Yeah. Come on." Freddy also felt giddy, but covering it up by acting cool and chill like he usually does.

      Once they arrived at the classroom, class started then they rehearsed for another gig.

• • •

Gonna start the next chapter right away! Hope you enjoy! (Don't worry, it gets better😉)