Chapter One

(This is all in Emily's POV)

I glanced at my bookshelf, filled with the best books of all time-Percy Jackson and The Olympians and The Heroes Of Olympus. My alarm turned to 8:30 AM, and I flopped down on my bed. It was a foggy, windy June day in my hometown, San Francisco. I had been out of school for merely a day and I was already getting bored. Unlike my lucky friends, I don't get to travel anywhere exotic. Not like Amber, who's going to Hawaii. It's still domestic, but nooooo. Not an option. I'm not going to italy like Katie. No, I'm visiting family in New York for all of July and most June and August. "Em! Are you all packed? We have to be all packed by tonight because our flight's at midnight and we have to leave around 8:30!" My mom called from downstairs. I moaned. I piled my shorts and jeans and t-shirts into my bag, and then put in everything else that was sitting on the floor waiting to be put away. My younger sister Evelyn and her twin/ my younger brother Colin, who are both nine, were downstairs picking out movies to watch on the six hour flight. They loved going to New York, and I did too, but I was just REALLY jealous. I love New York. My cousins live in saratoga Springs, New York, and my other cousins live in the Upper East Side. Then my other-other cousins live in Waskington heights. My aunt and Uncle live in some tip of Long Island. It's just awesome, but when your friends are going to really really awesome spots on Earth, it's REALLY hard to stay happy.

My mom's name is Sherryll Webster and I kinda have a complicated family. You see, my parents weren't really married when I was born. Then my dad went somewhere that I really don't know. Then my mom got married to Steve Vincents, who died four years ago, and I'm not sad about it. None of us really were. He got drunk a lot. Went to Vegas at least twice in two weeks. He had a really bad bad temper. I don't know why my mother married him. But he was really rich, and he didn't have a will, so my mom got all of his money pretty much. My mom's a teacher. We see her in the morning, and she gets home around five-ish every night. When I was little, when it was just the two of us, she was a doctor. Then she left that job when we moved from arizona to SF. She went to school every night, and studied really hard for three long years. Then she finally became a teacher. Oh, and she married Steve. And a year later the twins were born. So that sums up family.

As for friends, my two BFFs are named Amber Brown and Katie Stephens. Amber has short, brown hair. She's really athletic, and we always call her our 'Clairisse'. Katie has long black hair and purple eyes. I'm not kidding, they're actually purple. She's our 'Thalia'. Then there's me. I'm the 'Annabeth'. I have blonde hair that's a bit longer than Amber's and a bit shorter than Katie's. My stormy blue-gray eyes always set me off as Annabeth. She's my all-time fave. We always talk about how awesome it would be if demigods were real. Amber, Kate, and I all wish we were halfbloods. Amber likes Apollo and Ares. Katie admires Artemis, but she really Posiedon, and that's mainly beacause she's obsessed with water. And she's boy crazy, so she figured that with Percy's help, she could get some boy to like her. We all LOVE percabeth. Awesomeness, cuteness, percabethness. But that's all just a dream......