Prologue

"Do we really have to go?" I whine, not caring how childish I sound.

"If you love me, you will," Page says back, filling in her eyebrows. She wiggles them in the mirror. I roll my eyes, holding back a smile.

"You're lucky I love you," I say, pulling down my crop top.

"Don't do that, it looks fine." She says, applying a thick layer of lip gloss. I groan.

"Its too short!" I complain. I pull on it again. She glares at me in the mirror. She puts the cap back on. "Are you ready, yet?" She rolls her eyes.

"I am. Your not." She says, pointing a mascara tube at me. "Just a little makeup, please?" She asks, bating her eyelashes. I groan again, rolling off my bed. She smiles widely as I slide into the desk chair in front of my vanity. She swipes on a perfect wing, and cakes on some mascara. She attempts to put lip gloss on, but I swat her hand away.

"No lip gloss," I say getting out of the chair. She rolls her eyes and looks at her reflection with a frown.

"Do I look OK?" She asks, frowning, still. I admire her light pink fit and flare dress with white wedges. She ruffles her blond bangs a little and slides on her glasses. She looks at me expectedly.

"Ditch the glasses, other than that, you look stunning," I say as she takes off her glasses. She goes to the bathroom to put in her contacts. She says that her glasses make her look "hip".
I examine my own outfit, which is a army green crop top, paired with dark high wasted shorts, and black high tops. I guess I look OK. This outfit is totally out of my comfort zone. I'm used to wearing oversized sweaters and sweats, to be honest. Page says I'll get noticed in this, what ever that means.
"Carter!" Page yells. "Let's go!"

"Coming!" I yell back, racing down the stairs, to find an impatient Page.

"About time, now let's go!" She huffs, pulling open the front door. I close it behind us.

---------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to go mingle!" Page tries yelling over the thumping music.

"What?" I yell back.

"I'm going to go mingle!" She points to the living room. I nod. Even though secretly I'm screaming "Dont leave me!"

Page wanders off onto the dance floor, immediately finding a guy to dance with. I sigh. I go back for he kitchen and get a water. I'm trying to not drink tonight. By tonight, I mean ever. Or ever again that is. I've tried it before, and it sucked. I sip my water and watch people dance. After standing there for at least a good twenty minutes, I decide to try to dance, while keeping my distance from Page. Its not that she doesn't want to be seen with me, its that she wants to try to "spread her wings". I dance near the edge of the crowd, I feel a hand on my waist. I gasp, turning around, quickly. Its too dark to tell who it is.

"What the-" I say angrily. I stop when I notice its a really cute guy. I mean really cute. "Why did you think it would be OK to put your hands on me?"

"Technically, it was only one hand." The cute stranger says in a deep voice. He has such a nice voice. Ugh, stop it Carter.

"Not the point," I look at him and try to figure out who he is. I guess he could see that I'm trying to identify this mysterious boy.

"I'm Cole Smith," he says with a grin, hand extended. I roll my eyes at how cheesy he is. His name sounds familiarly, but I don't think about it for much longer.

"I'm Carter French," I shake his hand. Its surprisingly soft. He nods, acknowledgingly.

"Having fun, Carter?" He asks, slyly handing me a drink. He wasn't smooth enough, because I rejected the drink.

"A blast," I answer flatly. He seems taken aback for a second. Somehow we end up talking and laughing the rest of the night. Also, we somehow end up backed up into a corner. Well, I'm in the corner, he has arm up, bracing against the wall, leaning really close. I don't even realize how close we are until just now. Actually, he's a little too close. But, I kinda like it. Kinda.

"You know, I've been having a great time talking to you," he says. "But, I really need to kiss you." He leans in and kisses me without a warning. Unless that was a warning, in that case- god, shut up! This handsome boy is kissing you. Dang, he sure knows how to kiss. I start kissing him back, when he pulls away. I lean forward again to go in for more. The kiss made me so hungry for his touch. His lips were so soft. He kisses me again, hand at my lower back. I run my hand through his gorgeous black hair. He bites my lip lightly.

I don't know this boy, but I can tell I'm going to fall for him whether I want to or not.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter/prologue. I realize it's a short chapter, and I'm sorry. Also, I would like to say that as soon as I published the first author's note, I got 2 reads! So, if your reading this now, I want you to comment!

Don't forget to favorite and comment!❤

Love, galaxy potato

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Falling For The Player (DISCONTINUED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara