Six

Chapter Six

I take a deep breath before knocking on Jake's door. When we were talking before, Ashton had rang the doorbell right as Jake said he is leaving tomorrow night. I ran as quickly as I could to get away from Jake. I could not believe he did that to me. He's leaving tomorrow night and I just don't know what do to. I want to spend as much time as I can with him, but then again I don't want to be anywhere near him right now. I want to be happy for him, but it's hard. He didn't tell me. I wouldn't really mind if he told me after Ally, but being the last to know? Are you serious? Jake and I are super close and it really hurts to know that I wasn't the first person he told. I probably sound like I am being melodramatic, but I'm really not. When someone close to you doesn't tell you big news that will eventually crush you, postponing the inevitable is stupid, really. At least telling you first means that they wanted you to be one of the first people to find out. Who knows, maybe I wouldn't be this upset if he had just told me in the first place. Jake and I have never really kept anything from each other. Well, until now that is. I wish I could forgive him, but I just can't bring myself to do it. He really hurt me. I honestly did not think that it was going to be this hard. I knew I would be mad for a while, but I didn't think I would still be mad at him.

"Yeah?" Jake says as he opens his door. "Oh, uh, hey Maddy..."

I gulp. I shouldn't have even knocked. I should have just went up to my room. I'm such an id- "I forgive you," I say without thinking. Oh crap.

Jake's eyes widen. "Really? I-I didn't think you would."

I take a deep breath and bite my bottom lip. "Just don't think that I'm not still mad at you, because I am. I just want to be able to spend, well spend the last day I have with you before you leave."

He sighs and looks down at the floor. "Alright, I understand." It's quiet for a few minutes before he speaks again. "Do you want to come in and watch a movie? I just put on Pitch Perfect..."

Although I really want to accept, I can't. I need to change and take a shower before I start my homework and then go to sleep. "Nah, maybe tomorrow?" I suggest with a small smile.

"Okay." With that, I turn around and head to my room.

-

It has been three weeks since my first date with Ashton and my talk with Jake. Jake ended up leaving to next night, as he had said. It was quite emotional and I didn't like it at all. He says he'll be back soon, to visit my family and I, but I don't know how long soon is. Ashton and I have been fine. We actually had our first kiss on our next date, which was the next Friday. We had hung out before that date, but we we first kissed when we were at his house. Our second date consisted of watching movies at his house so you can imagine why we kissed then. We have been on other dates, five to be exact, since our first. It is currently Friday morning and I have just arrived at school with Tammy. Tammy had to go meet Alex at his locker so I am left to fend for my own this morning. I was mindlessly thinking when I bump into someone in the hallway. I look up, only to wish I hadn't.

"Watch where you're going, you bitch," Natalie exclaimed at me before pushing me down to the floor, making me drop my phone and the sunglasses that were in my hand as well. Natalie bends down and snatches my phone from the floor. I carefully get up, not wanting to be pushed again. After I am up, she starts to talk. "So you're dating Ashton, huh?" She glances at me from my phone. I really need to put a pass code on my phone. I don't need people randomly going through my phone, especially the people I dislike the most.

"Um, yeah..." I respond.

She scoffs and says, "yeah, well, we'll see about that."

The drops my phone once more. I can literally hear it cracking. She takes my sunglasses and walks away. What the hell is here problem? I gently push myself up from the floor and stand after I grab my phone. I take a look at it before unlocking it. It's pretty bad and I'll have to get a new one. Once it is unlocked, I notice that she had texted Ashton.